Windows without title bars and borders in KDE

Hi,

I'm completely new to Manjaro but am a long time Linux user. My intention is to run Manjaro headless in a VM (Qemu) and then RDP into the desktop as needed.

I've installed Manjaro KDE stable (18.0) and xrdp. I can connect however none of the windows have title bars, borders or icons.

I've looked through the xrdp, messages and syslog and can't see anything standing out. There's a load of KDE logging but nothing stands out.

I followed the instructions on the Arch wiki and I'm using "startkde" to launch KDE.

Any help would be very appreciated!

I ran "kwin_x11 --replace". I'm getting a load of QXcbConnection errors but the windows titles and border don't appear. There is however a black border around them now.

Change the Compositor + Enable/Disable it.

1 Like

Thanks. Changing to Xrender from OpenGL worked. Only issue now is System Settings is all black when I load it. Any ideas?

I don't use Qemu, and i don't want to give you false assumptions. Maybe someone that uses it will pas by with a straight forward answer.

Thanks for replying. I think its plasma. From a few searches, it doesn't seem to work well with RDP. I'll try XFCE.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark