Windows 10 flash drive not working....

Hello folks,
Sid here , I was trying to install Windows 10 on manjaro... And also I have bootable USB drive .

When I'm trying to enter boot from USB drive it's not loading windows installer just shown curser...

Please help me to install Windows...

Here is a
[HowTo] Use Manjaro to create a bootable Windows USB

The Boot loader phase...the screen is completely black except for a blinking cursor...
1.Right now the only is installed on my lapo is Manjaro...
2.now I want to Install Windows 10 and I have pen drive which is windows 10 loaded.
3. When I try to enter load into USB drive in boot... Windows 10 installer is not yet opening..
It's showing blank screen with blinking cursor.

Help me with this.

How did you make your bootable Windows pendrive? My suspicion is that there might be something at fault with your pendrive.

Myself, I have always used Windows media creation tool from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10tool in a Windows system.

I haven't used the method described in the link I posted above. But that is how you make a bootable Windows flash drive in Manjaro.

Otherwise I have no idea what might be wrong.

I have booted that pendrive using RUFUS software... in other laptop... And that working on other laptop too... Windows installer can be accessed.
Mine laptop was the only not showing Windows 10 installer...

And one more info...
Previous windows grub was replaced with Manjaro grub...
Right now Manjaro grub is installed on my laptop is their any questions on replacing Manjaro grub to Windows grub???

Are you going to install Windows in a dualboot with Manjaro? Then I am afraid there is a real possibility that Windows overwrite Manjaro's grub.

This can be fixed if you have a Manjaro bootable usb at hand by chrooting to your installed system and reinstalling grub:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader

Probably the preferred course of action for a dualboot would be to install Windows first and then install Manjaro.

Not sure about this but you could perhaps look into your bios settings and see if there is an option for enabling boot from USB and also look into the boot mode UEFI vs. Legacy/mbr.

Thank you for your response brother...

Here Manjaro replaced Windows grub...
And I enabled boot from USB , I DON'T have any options like UEFI or legacy in my boot options..

The Windows USB stick works only, if it is created with the "Windows Media Creation Tool".

Yes bro I already did it...
I have already windows 10 loaded in my pendrive...
If my windows grub replaced with Manjaro grub...
Then how to debug that ???

Windows does not use grub.. never has.
I think maybe you mean something else.

1 Like

Yes guys even I don't know...
But windows is not loading at boot entry...
It's showing black screen with blinking cursor...

Let's take this from the beginning...
Did you download the 5.0 Gb large offline installer file from Microsoft? If not, what did you download?

Yes I have downloaded... 5 GB IOS
Used Rufus software to boot pendrive... Done...
Plugged to laptop... Done
Go to boot menu...
Select USB as boot ...

Here is the problem come...
It should show... Windows Installer... From where we install windows OS...

BIT it's not showing anything just black screen with blinking cursor

I have used Rufus too and had the same problem, which I fixed by changing two settings in Rufus, but I can't remember which they were...

Is your computer an old school Bios or a modern with UEFI?

And also, how are you able to use Rufus since you don't have Windows?

I need to change bootable is itself...
Again I have created Windows 7 flash drive...
Now it's working...

Ha ha... Windows 10. :rofl:

If you're buying into that I've got some awesome swamp land for sale cheap (in gator country) that you'd just love. :crocodile:

1 Like

I didn't get your brother...

So I know this may sound a little crazy. But why not go ask Windows for help? They have a very elaborate help system setup, and they know a lot more than most of us do about Windows. To me, it sounds like you have an issue creating a bootable iso, but if you're able to create one for Windows 7,I would imagine you should be able to do Windows 10.

I recently converted a computer from Win 7 to 10 for someone and ran into an issue and they were able to help me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by