Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19 are on my main SSD boot drive and I would like to add Manjaro to my other SSD

Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint 19 are on my main SSD boot drive and I would like to add Manjaro to my other SSD. The other SSD is currently unused in my Dual Boot setup. I would like to add Manjaro to my unused SSD and have it boot with the other 2 , so that I can select all 3 from Grub Menu. I’m unsure how to set up this configuration. New to the forum and Linux.

Thanks for your time,
Brian

Install Manjaro to the “other” SSD. Completely ignore the main SSD during setup. The bootloader installation should pick up Mint and Windows 10 and you’re good to go.

Ok thanks ,

When I get home I’ll give it a go! I’ll post back results tomorrow.

Brian

Do I put everything on the “other” SSD including the bootloader?
Sorry if it’s a poor question just being a noob , want to make sure.

Brian

ive done the same thing your trying to do, when the installation asks you which drive to install manjaro on, just be sure to select the right drive and then you can let manjaro format/create the partitons needed which will automatically add the correct flags, since you already have mint/windows10 on the other drive it will tell you that its going to use the efi/boot partition from the other drive.
after install , the new grub replaces the old one and should list manjaro/mint/windows as boot options.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.