Window resolution does not match monitor resolution when using "forceFullCompositionPipeline"

I’m configuring i3 (4.19.1-non-git, i3 config, compton config) for the first time on a 2 monitor system. Each monitor is 1440p. The primary is oriented normal and the secondary is left portrait. At first I was using

xrandr --output DP-0 --rotate left

in my .xprofile. That worked fine; however, there was still major screen tearing even with compton/picom. I have a script I’ve used in gnome which enables “ForceFullCompositionPipeline” and arranges my monitors properly. The pertinent line of that script is:

nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="DP-0: nvidia-auto-select @1440x2560 +0+0 {Rotation=Left, ViewPortIn=1440x2560, ViewPortOut=1440x2560+0+0, ForceFullCompositionPipeline=On}, DP-4: nvidia-auto-select @2460x1440 +1440+0 {ViewPortIn=2560x1440, ViewPortOut=2560x1440+1440+0, ForceFullCompositionPipeline=On}"

When I run this script the screen tearing issues are resolved; however, on DP-0 (left portrait monitor) windows no longer take up the entire screen in the horizontal direction (width < 1440 px) and they extend beyond the bottom of the screen (height > 2560 px). Additionally, my mouse cursor treats the monitor as I would expect. The mouse will move over to DP-0 at the boundary of DP-4 and is bound to the visible corners of the display. Naively it seems to me like the screen is correct but that i3 perhaps doesn’t have the config information?

I have confirmed that after running my script xrandr --query gives the output that I would expect (xrandrOutput-Feb11-2021 - Pastebin.com). One thing that I noted is that in arandr the visual showing monitor config looks like how the windows are behaving (https://i.imgur.com/4vpvHsG.png). In that image you can also see a visual depiction of what is happening with spotify (the entire height of my DP-0 but window extends past and does not fill width all the way to DP-4) and arandr (on DP-4).

I’m quite new to i3 so I imagine I’ve made a silly mistake somewhere, but after a day or so of poking at it I haven’t yet figured out what that is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!