Will the off topic return

I know the language barrier is an issue and we mustn’t forget that. But I can have a reasonable discussion with you and other members of the team but there are other team members where this is just not possible. They will give a hostile reply and then close the thread.

1 Like

Now this is the kind of response members can actually respect.

2 Likes

I am sorry if my post was rude. It was never meant to be. It was just a sugestion that seemed logical to me.

There are a lot of posts in here that are a bit like “if you don’t agree with me you’re stupid”. I did not want it to sound like that.

1 Like

Well, I just want to remind that we just recently had a great shock (maybe even close to a trauma for some of us) with a very sad argument with a former team member. Then the second disaster the forum which was set up and running well. Even backups always used to be there.
Now we need to build the forum from scratch, while former members who did it last time left the project. Some team members showed great initiative and took roles which they were not used to.
I hope this perspective helps to have a bit more understanding with current limitations concerning features of the forum which are important for much of the community. I don’t know if the limitations will stay forever. I hope the setup evolves to a balanced state where most of the people are fine.

5 Likes

It definitely means less freedom as before. But the team members also have the right to set rules how they want them to be. I wouldn’t wonder, however, if we lose many community members to other places. I hope we find some brilliant solution which helps both.

1 Like

closed but not “thrown away”