Will the forum be brought back to the way it looked before?

I’m already missing it, had some good memories there.
I understand that the forum devs need time to get everything into a functional state, just curious what the path is looking like.

2 Likes

Off Topic is my jam… we got no jam right now…

what is bread without jam?

it’s ezekiel goodness yes but with a little jam its awesome squared

1 Like

it is basically already answered

I’m honestly just missing the look. The (whole)community will be back here soon I imagine, but the look on the old forum, so good.

3 Likes

I know, I was just wondering if the dev team planned on making it look new or trying to make it look like it did before.

2 Likes

The theming and categories are still being worked on. It is not going to be exactly like it was, but we try to bring back many of the features that worked well in the old forum.

7 Likes

The new start/front page is horrible, please change it back. p.s. were all accounts lost in the crash?

1 Like

Unfortunately yes. We could not port the old user accounts.

3 Likes

The loss of user account data may not cause a security risk?

1 Like

It wasnt portable - its not ‘lost and we dont know where it is on the internet’. :wink:

1 Like

It looks like all the threads and post are still on the old forum even if all the images including user avatars are missing. Any of that going to get ported over, or are you guys going to at least keep it so users con reference it?

It is being kept as a knowledge database, and we’ll selectively port the important tutorials and tips. We tried a few different ways to import the all the posts, but it didn’t quite work and broke the search function and made the site act unstable.

2 Likes

Will the FAQ category be added later-on, again?

Yes, good idea. It should be added.

1 Like

Maybe, Faq’s will probably be a bot that monitors everyone, there is some work done regarding that.

I would appreciate if all forum members could just add a thread there to answer frequently asked questions, it was pretty helpful in the old forum.

2 Likes

@Chrysostomus
i couldnt find my account so had to create new ! noissues as long as we can get access to the encyclopedia of info shared ! i had book marked a lot of pages linked to the forum ! wonder if they will be useful once the restoration is complete :slight_smile:

Also created an new account and all for now is working flawlessly. I think I can live with the old forum “conservated” as an archive. If the FAQ’s could be ported all will be fine.

In Germany “IT” is named “EDV”

For long standing computer guys like me EDV could also be understood as

Elektronische
Daten
Vernichtung

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for all the work bringing the (new) forum back

2 Likes

The links are going to be broken, but if you prepand the prefix “archived.” to your link, it will point to the right page on the old forum.

3 Likes