Wifi won't stay connected for more than a minute after laptop comes out of sleep mode

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 running KDE.
After the laptop has come out of sleep mode, the wifi comes on for about a minute before I don’t get anymore internet. It’s still connected to the router, but there is no internet. I have to disconnect and reconnect to the router, and then after another minute or two, the internet drops again. I always have to reboot the computer, and then it stays connected until the laptop goes into sleep mode again and the process starts all over again.

Could you provide the results of Terminal command rfkill list from both when Wifi is working and when it isn’t? Maybe changing a setting in TLP will help … you could install tlpui (graphical front-end for TLP) for ease of use.

This is listed both when it is working and when it’s not. There is no change.

tpacpi_bluetooth_sw: Bluetooth
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no
1: phy0: Wireless LAN
2: hci0: Bluetooth

I don’t see anything in TLP that should be changed. The wifi does come on when it comes out of sleep, I just seem to lose internet a few minutes later, even though the wifi is still connected.

Can we get the output of inxi -Nazy please?
I have a feeling this is an intel wireless card and I think I found the root cause of a newer bug thats been bothering me and others for weeks now.

Network:
Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
vendor: Lenovo driver: r8169 v: kernel port: 3400 bus ID: 02:00.0
chip ID: 10ec:8168
Device-2: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: 3000
bus ID: 03:00.0 chip ID: 8086:2723
Device-3: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
vendor: Lenovo driver: r8169 v: kernel port: 2000 bus ID: 05:00.0
chip ID: 10ec:8168

So it is …
can we also see your loaded modules?
A new one has popped up in recent kernels and is probably the source…

lsmod | grep iwl

iwlmvm 462848 0
mac80211 1056768 1 iwlmvm
iwlwifi 401408 1 iwlmvm
cfg80211 913408 3 iwlmvm,iwlwifi,mac80211

There we are (iwlmvm is present)…

echo "options iwlmvm power_scheme=1" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/iwlmvm.conf

Then give a restart and see.

This didn’t work unfortunately.

Hm.
Can we also take a peak at any other options set in there, if any?

and/or try coupling with my other options (for iwlwifi itself):

/etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf

options iwlwifi 11n_disable=8 swcrypto=1

I believe the culprit was my VPN and/or it’s Firefox extension that it uses. I disabled the extension and removed any software from my system, then set up the VPN through OpenVPN and haven’t had a problem, yet. I tried to replicate the problem a few times by putting my system to sleep, then browsed the internet on Firefox for 5 or 10 minutes before repeating, and I haven’t had any problems. If I the problem still persists in the future, I’ll let you know. For reference, the VPN software in question was ExpressVPN.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.