WiFi problem - Getting "connection interrupted, A Network Change Was Detected" regularly


I did what stated here https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/397370/wireless-network-slow-speed-inconsistant-connection-intel-dual-band-wireless as the solution and seem to be now working fine. Not 100%. But far better than before. I got the error message only like couple of times today!


That is a pretty standard solution. That’s why I gave him the driver options earlier in the thread. You should not just post links, as they can go down. Post a summary of the pertinent info as well:

Create a /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf with the following options:

options iwlwifi 11n_disable=8
options iwlwifi bt_coex_active=0
options iwlwifi swcrypto=1

It will enable antenna aggregation ,disable Bluetooth coexistence and enable software encryption.

You might want to try substituting β€œ1” for β€œ8” and see if that works better. As so:

options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1
1 Like

Thank you. Great explanation.

1 Like
closed #24

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.