Wifi problem and reboot/shutdown process problem after waking from sleep (vivobook K3500PA)

yes it got stuck at network manager…
try disabling wifi powersave
run this command:
sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-off.conf
inside it put this:

[connection]
wifi.powersave = 2

press ctrl + x to save the file, then reboot and test it, put your pc to sleep and wake up

1 Like

Done and done, same result

ok so remove the file:
sudo rm /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-off.conf
and dont put you pc into sleep in the meantime untill its fixed in kernel…

1 Like

Yeah I won’t, I’ll disable sleep from the power management settings. Thanks for all the effort, it is greatly appreciated!!

2 Likes

You can try to reinstall WiFi drivers to fix such issues. Recently I faced the same issue with my Asus laptop and found this guide to fix the issue. You can check it too.

Hello @RobertZamors56! Are you sure about that link? It redirects to instructions for Windows.

1 Like

that’s a win 11 driver installation guide :smiley:

Hello!

I’d like to tell you that I have the same problem with suspend on the VivoBook K513E under GNOME - the laptop is completely unusable after it entering sleep. I’ve tried a couple solutions found on the arch forums (htt ps://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=2049571#p2049571 and ht tps://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=278820) but keep having the same problem. i can’t even capture the output of dmesg clearly, because in only 10% cases i’m able to log in after suspend, and then nothing works anyway, i can’t copy the output to a file or anything. however it shows an input/output error and systemd error -5 on linodes. It’s probably because the SSD not properly starting up after waking from sleep.

I’d be grateful for any help, have a great Sunday!

Breaking news!

I actually managed to solve this problem after 5 minutes of posting.

After running cat /sys/power/mem sleep, if its output is [s2idle] deep, you can add a kernel parameter mem_sleep_default=deep (for example by editing the /etc/default/grub file and adding the parameter in the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line and then applying the changes with sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg). After rebooting, the output of cat /sys/power/mem sleep should now be s2idle [deep] (note the brackets’ location). This made the suspend problem go away in my case.

As per: ht tps://github.com/pop-os/pop/issues/2666

1 Like