Wifi not working : No wifi adapter found

Hi everyone,

I recently updated with sudo pacman -Syu and after restarting, I was unable to connect to wifi. In the settings there is a “No Wifi Adapter Found”.

After some investigations it seems that the device does not have a drive :
inxi -Nazy gives :

Network:
  Device-1: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 driver: N/A modules: iwlwifi bus-ID: 00:14.3
    chip-ID: 8086:a0f0 class-ID: 0280

But I can’t figure out which one I am supposed to install.

Please let me know if you need more informations.
Bests,
Camille

Maybe same or similar to

Thank you for your response.

Just to be sure, I have to downgrade with

sudo pacman -Syu manjaro-downgrade
sudo downgrade linux-firmware

Is that safe ?

Its as safe as installing the older package of linux-firmware.

With the only change between the last version and this one being the zstd compression it should be even more safe.

We generally avoid downgrading packages.

But according to some of the posters in the other thread, this is currently the workaround.

It still doesn’t work…

Then maybe its not the same issue?

Please give some system info;

inxi -Farz

A quick guess might be … seems lots of people have installed the absolute latest 6.9 kernel or have EOL kernels. Make sure to have and try at least one LTS (6.6?) and remove anything dead.

EDIT. Looks like we just had updates, so do as below and check the latest package. :point_down:

I’m sorry, it wasn’t working the first time because I “downgraded” to the 20240409 version which was the current one. Then I downgraded to the 20240220 version and it worked.
When I upgraded again as you both said after, it doesn’t work again… Well I downgraded again and it work for now, I suppose I have to wait a little for the fixed update ?

In any case, thank you so much for your quick responses !!

Now you should be on the lookout for the next update with the pkgrel (the dash after the version) of 1.1

https://packages.manjaro.org/?query=linux-firmware

Please let us know if that also fixes the issue.

the same happened to me also… i downgraded to 20240220 version, and this fixed it for me as well :+1:

Hi, I just updated again, and everything is fine !

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.