WiFi networks visible but not connectable

I’ve installed Manjaro (+KDE Plasma) on my 2012 11" MacBook Air. My Networks module in the system tray will list available wifi networks but is unable to log into any of them after entering the password. I have tested this with two different networks on my router (the 5 GHz and 2.4GHz ones), as well as my phone’s hotspot.

I have validated that my machine’s network hardware is good, as I am writing this from an Ubuntu partition on the same computer; here login works as expected.

Potentially relevant info:
Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01)
Host: MacBookAir4,1 1.0
CPU: Intel i7-2677M (4) @ 2.900GHz
GPU: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family

Is there a specific kernel or driver I should be using? What steps should I take to get wifi working properly on my Manjaro partition?

Hi,

You don’t provide the output from a command like this one:

inxi -Nx

You should get a similar information like this one:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info Inxi Réseau
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network:   Device-1: Intel I211 Gigabit Network vendor: ASUSTeK driver: igb v: 5.6.0-k port: e000 bus ID: 04:00.0 
           Device-2: Broadcom BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter vendor: ASUSTeK driver: wl v: kernel port: e000 
           bus ID: 08:00.0 

I have not exactly the same (Broadcom BMX 4360) than you but I’ve checked to this link and it is the same driver. Keep in mind that something after an update this driver is not updated. I have add this situation one time after 1 year 1/2 without any issue. And never after.

In fact there are two drivers from Broadcom and it is the first which is installed by default. i don’t know why but at least for me it has never worked for me. But the second always.

Is there a specific kernel or driver I should be using? What steps should I take to get wifi working properly on my Manjaro partition?

You must install the broadcom-wl-dkms

sudo pacman -S broadcom-wl-dkms

You can simply use pamac for this task or Octopi which are the both graphical tools.

I ran the above command and installed broadcom-wl-dkms, deleting my previous driver in the process. Now, it is not seeing networks at all.

Is there some terminal command I can show the output from that would help?

I’ll keep trying things in the mean time and will report any success.

Strange. Did you have dkms installed ? Search if either install it and reboot the system.

I have created a python script for that (and a log file after) , like some users are not friends with the terminal.
You can find it here.

I hope. You are not alone in this case now and in the future. That’s the free mind :yum: