WiFi driver for RTL8821ce not recognized

So I’ve just started using Manjaro, and I’m having an issue with my RealTek RTL8821ce driver, which has been a consistent issue across other distros too, such as Pop! OS, Ubuntu, and Kali (the distros that I have used before), but likely persists across others too.
On Manjaro however, I am having issues installing the driver, and it’s just not installing no matter what I try, from the GitHub page, from the AUR, but all still yield this result when I run inxi -Nazy.

$ inxi -Nazy Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter vendor: AzureWave driver: N/A modules: rtw88_8821ce port: e000 bus-ID: 02:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:c821 class-ID: 0280

Help would be absolutely appreciated.

This could help.

In addition to the above, it is always best to post a complete inxi output. If I go by your profile, you are running kernel 5.9 which is EOL(End of Life). If that is the case, please update to a LTS kernel either 5.4 or 5.10. If this is a new install from an old .iso please run a full update.

1 Like

How do I go about that?

I’ve tried that, it gave the result of
$ sudo pacman -S $(ls /boot | awk -F "-" '/^linux/ { print $1"-headers" }') error: target not found: linux59-headers

Please change the kernel and try again.
Kernel 5.9 is eol.

I have the same WIFI card in my Laptop.
The card only works with kernel 5.13 or above.

The most recent version of Manjaro includes kernel 5.13.

1 Like

It is in your settings manager. Manjaro-Settings-Manager- Kernel. Install a new kernel and then reboot. It seems that you will need 5.13(which is EOL), or higher. Stable as of now is at 5.15.2-2. I am on unstable at 5.15.4 and all is okay. So, I would try with 5.15 and see how it goes.

The system will boot from the newest kernel by default. The appropriate headers for the kernel that you choose to run may also need to be installed. You will be able to do that through pamac if for some reason they are not installed and Manjaro Settings Manager does not take care of it. Again, make certain that your system is fully updated.