Need to Updated 700 packages after removing Nvidia Driver

I had to remove Nvidia Driver for the Dockerdriver to get work. After I done this, the packages manager told me to update over 700 packages. So i tried to update them, but sadly it fails (Conflict errors).

Im not sure what to do now…

Error message:

(714/714) checking keys in keyring                                                                                              [#############################################################################] 100%
(714/714) checking package integrity                                                                                            [#############################################################################] 100%
(714/714) loading package files                                                                                                 [#############################################################################] 100%
(714/714) checking for file conflicts                                                                                           [#############################################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
alpm-octopi-utils: /usr/include/alpm_octopi_utils.h exists in filesystem (owned by alpm_octopi_utils)
alpm-octopi-utils: /usr/lib/libalpm_octopi_utils.so exists in filesystem (owned by alpm_octopi_utils)
alpm-octopi-utils: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libalpm_octopi_utils.pc exists in filesystem (owned by alpm_octopi_utils)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Edit

After removing octopi it upgraded everything… Funny because i tried to update a single package and got error aswell. Linux is a mistery

run the update again, and copy the error output here, and use formatting - click this icon in the editor: </>

You can either remove first the alpm-octopi-utils then update, or run the update with

sudo pacman -Syyu --overwrite '*'

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.