Warpinator broken on Arm64

Hi there I just wanted to report that the Warpinator app on the Raspberry pi 4 Arm64 is broken

warpinator
Using bubblewrap for incoming file isolation. Write access for the application will be limited to the save directory only.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/warpinator/warpinator.py", line 21, in <module>
    import server
  File "/usr/lib/warpinator/server.py", line 13, in <module>
    import grpc
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/grpc/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from grpc import _compression
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/grpc/_compression.py", line 20, in <module>
    from grpc._cython import cygrpc
ImportError: libgmock.so.1.14.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can reproduce it on my PineBook Pro.

Install gtest. No idea why Warpinator would be looking for that library, but it works. :man_shrugging:

warpinator may need a rebuild. It is a ARCH-ARM package. I can not get to their PKGBUILD right now as I do not know what branch you all are running.

https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/any/warpinator

The ALARM Source Files and View Changes links haven’t worked for quite some time now, no idea why.

They’re probably using the x86_64 PKGBUILD since the architecture is ‘any’.

I’m on the unstable branch, by the way.

Installing gtest fixes the issue, not sure why it requires that package either but it looks like the package needs to be rebuilt with that dependency added

Highly doubtful as there are no compiled binaries (ELF files). There’s never been a rebuild required on x86_64 except for the annual Python release to reinstall into the matching directory.

That does sound logical based on the information we have, however it’s neither listed as a dependency upstream nor required on x86_64.

If it can be reproduced on ALARM, then perhaps create a post on the ALARM forums. Maybe someone there will know who to contact regarding the issue.

Right I see and I could but wouldn’t that be Manjaro’s job as package maintainers also do this and not the users even if I they bug testing/reporting?

Warpinator seems to be broken again

warpinator
Using bubblewrap for incoming file isolation. Write access for the application will be limited to the save directory only.
  File "/usr/lib/warpinator/warpinator.py", line 11, in <module>
    import qrcode
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'qrcode'

We do not maintain warpinator. It looks like it was upgraded a couple of days ago. It is not in our repo yet. I have no clue if downloading the package and installing it will work or need some of it’s depends also. It will make it into our repo pretty soon.

https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/any/warpinator

That would be the right place for it but I have no clue of their sync status there.

Oh wait no I was correct it was on Arm64, I’m so sorry about the confusion :joy:

I got it from the main repository, would you have idea what the issue is? wonder if the update from a few days ago broke it or it has additional dependencies

What is main repository The update of a couple of days ago is not in our repo yet.

Warpinator, is, it’s in the Official Repositories (Extra) maybe a python packge was updated and broke it because according to Pamac the build date was Sun 17 Dec 2023 10:03:55

Sounds reasonable then. Guessing the new one built the other day is a fix but it also has a version upgrade also. If you can not wait for @philm to do a sync with upstream You might try downloading the package in the link above and install it and see if it works. Might have to install python-qrcode also.

https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/any/python-qrcode

Ah okay I see

Yep installing that package fixes it so I assume it needs to be added to the needed dependencies, I do notice that it says it can’t find no module named qrcode even tho python-qrcode is installed but it still runs

warpinator
    import qrcode
[corey@corey-pi4 ~]$ warpinator
    import qrcode
[corey@corey-pi4 ~]$ warpinator
2024-01-09 22:20:45,079::warpinator: Initializing Warpinator
2024-01-09 22:20:46,550::warpinator: Using grpc version 1.60.0 
2024-01-09 22:20:46,551::warpinator: Using protobuf version 4.25.1 
2024-01-09 22:20:46,551::warpinator: Using api version 2
2024-01-09 22:20:46,551::warpinator: Our uuid: COREY-PI4-FEC9CF62A3A5B647CBF7
2024-01-09 22:20:46,575::warpinator: Using zeroconf version 0.63.0 
2024-01-09 22:20:54,210::warpinator: Server: ACTIVE

That was fixed with 1.8.1-2 in the x86_64 repos. It seems ALARM is a bit behind.

Ahh I see, interesting