Today, my Wi-fi stopped working all of a sudden in the middle of a video call. All Wi-fi networks in the network menu/list disappeared.
Later in the day, after rebooting / switching users many times, wi-fi started working again for 1 hour or so. Then, the same exact problem happened and I could not detect any networks. Again, later in the afternoon, I went to university, I got to connect to its Wi-fi network and half an hour later the error repeated again.
Now I haven’t had any chance to detect any Wi-fi for some hours. The only thing I can do is to share my connection via Bluetooth from my mobile phone, and it does work well. No ethernet since my computer has no ports.
I suspect it might be a hardware issue?, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot, and I wonder if there are any ways to know the source of the error. I had previously had strange issues related to wi-fi not working when my GPU was running. My laptop is really small and I have wondered for some time that space constraints / overheat might be provoking some errors.
Anyway, if someone wants to give it a try and help me it’d be really appreciated.
- NetworkManager daemon is active and running at all times.
- I have tried to boot another Manjaro from an USB and I had the same issue there - no networks detected.
- I have not updated any packages for some days now nor I have made any significant changes.
- Wi-fi works fine in my phone and other devices.
- I’ve been using Manjaro KDE for some months now, not a fresh install.
inxi -Fxxx System: Host: sergi Kernel: 5.10.70-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.22.5 Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux Machine: Type: Laptop System: Micro-Star product: Modern 14 A10RB v: REV:1.0 serial: <superuser required> Mobo: Micro-Star model: MS-14B3 v: REV:1.0 serial: <superuser required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: E14B3IMS.50C date: 10/31/2019 Battery: ID-1: BAT1 charge: 21.5 Wh (62.9%) condition: 34.2/50.0 Wh (68.5%) volts: 15.2 min: 15.2 model: MSI BIF0_9 status: Discharging Device-1: hidpp_battery_0 model: Logitech M585/M590 Multi-Device Mouse charge: 55% (should be ignored) status: Discharging CPU: Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-10510U bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Kaby Lake note: check rev: C cache: L2: 8 MiB flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 36812 Speed: 900 MHz min/max: 400/4900 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 900 2: 900 3: 900 4: 845 5: 900 6: 901 7: 900 8: 891 Graphics: Device-1: Intel CometLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: i915 v: kernel bus-ID: 00:02.0 Device-2: NVIDIA GP108M [GeForce MX250] driver: N/A bus-ID: 01:00.0 Device-3: Acer HD Webcam type: USB driver: uvcvideo bus-ID: 1-7:4 Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 driver: loaded: modesetting resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics (CML GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.2.3 direct render: Yes Audio: Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH-LP cAVS vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 00:1f.3 Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.10.70-1-MANJARO running: yes Sound Server-2: JACK v: 1.9.19 running: no Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: yes Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.38 running: yes Network: Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH-LP CNVi WiFi driver: iwlwifi v: kernel bus-ID: 00:14.3 IF-ID-1: bnep0 state: unknown speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: c0:b8:83:f2:23:75 IF-ID-2: docker0 state: down mac: 02:42:59:8d:5f:5d Bluetooth: Device-1: Intel Bluetooth 9460/9560 Jefferson Peak (JfP) type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8 bus-ID: 1-10:5 Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 0 state: up address: see --recommends Drives: Local Storage: total: 476.94 GiB used: 325.6 GiB (68.3%) ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: Toshiba model: N/A size: 476.94 GiB temp: 40.9 C Partition: ID-1: / size: 468.16 GiB used: 325.6 GiB (69.5%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p2 ID-2: /boot/efi size: 299.4 MiB used: 280 KiB (0.1%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/nvme0n1p1 Swap: Alert: No swap data was found. Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 39.0 C mobo: N/A Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A Info: Processes: 261 Uptime: 31m Memory: 15.47 GiB used: 1.99 GiB (12.9%) Init: systemd Compilers: gcc: 11.1.0 clang: 12.0.1 Packages: 1859 Shell: Bash v: 5.1.8 inxi: 3.3.07