Why is the Manjaro homepage looking like that?

The Manjaro homepage has been looking like this in my Firefox for weeks now, if not a couple months.
This is zoom-level 100%, 1080p resolution on a 27 inch monitor. I can’t imagine it’s intended to look like this, and since it’s also my start page (I dislike being distracted by news and stuff when I open the browser), I kinda don’t not care…

So, what’s up with that. Anyone else, or is it looking like that just for me?

Something is impeding with the webpage (CSS? JavaScript?) on your end.
Do you have errors in the developer console (Ctrl + Shift + I) ?

6 instances of an error with two different origins:

Content Security Policy: Die Einstellungen der Seite haben das Laden einer Ressource auf inline festgestellt ("script-src"). Ein CSP-Bericht wird gesendet. **moz-extension:40:65**

and

Content Security Policy: Die Einstellungen der Seite haben das Laden einer Ressource auf inline blockiert ("script-src"). **moz-extension:35:9**

Roughly translates to: “Settings of this page have prevented loading of a ressource to inline”. I don’t know what the numbers after “moz-extension” mean though…

Could be linked to the add-on Ghostery, if you use it de-install and test again.

I don’t have Ghostery, but it appears Privacy Badger might be the culprit - turning it off for this page makes the errors go away and the page look normal.
Seems funny, it’s a recommended add-on, and it doesn’t normally give me any problems like this… Maybe something worth looking at for the makers of the MNJ homepage? Or the EFF guys…

Maybe you screwed it up with special settings, Privacy Badger is working fine for me.

I never did anything to its settings after installing…
But now the page loads normal with Privacy Badger turned on. No idea what changed, I just Turned It Off And On Again. :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.