I can't use my second AMD GPU in my laptop

omg im now using amdgpu driver (which i used before) but i didn’t apply that mkinitcpio -P now it shows R5 M330 in xrandr --listproviders instead of Hainan thing. Unlucky steam gave an error You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run: libc.so.6 I will search this if i fix i will inform you about game status. (Note: i am able to run Pycharm with DRI_PRIME=1)

You have to enable the multilib repo and install lib32-glibc … i guess you will need to install more lib32 packages.

in /usr/lib32/ i have libc.so.6 but dunno why system ignores it

Well i fixed steam, but DRI_PRIME=1 still crashes

@DavutHaxor

1. Then please run steam in a terminal and post the output here when it crashes.
  2. Also for Proton Games, add there atthe startup options: PROTON_LOG=1 PROTON_LOG_DIR=$HOME %command% and post the log here.
  3. Also sudo dmesg.
  4. journalctl --boot 0 --no-pager

Normally there are hints why it crashes.

it freezes my computer so i dont know how can i post the terminal output of steam, i will try

Execute:

steam > ~/Documents/Steam.log

after a REISUB, that file will still be there…

:crossed_fingers:

ok then…

Add at then startup options: PROTON_LOG=1 PROTON_LOG_DIR=$HOME %command% and post the log here. This will write the log at your home dir.

If freezes completely now. After a restart type this:

journalctl --boot -1 --no-pager
journalctl --boot -1 --dmesg --no-pager

0 → current boot
-1 → previous boot

Run steam like @Fabby suggested or do it like that:

steam | tee -a ~/steam_log.txt

The log should be available even if it freezes or you REISUB or hard reset.

Then post everything.

FYI: hard reset on an EXT4 volume risks the file NOT being there as it’s a journaling file system and might roll back the last journal log…

:man_shrugging:

Proton gives me error so i run normal and Steam Linux Support tool.
CSGO didn’t freeze my system but i got 20 fps with

DRI_PRIME=1 %command%

Steam.log (hastebin)

journalctl with 0 (hastebin)

EDIT: I think i can’t use my second gpu anymore. Today when i opened my pc it showed 103 updates from pacman. I installed them and restarted my pc. DRI_PRIME=1 is useless now.
EDIT2: Now i can use DRI_PRIME, i will send up to date outputs
EDIT3: I updated outputs. I saw some amdgpu errors. You can examine the last lines.

@DavutHaxor

Looks like it have only 256M VRAM:

Eyl 16 18:49:02 davut-laptop kernel: amdgpu 0000:01:00.0: PCIE GART of 256M enabled (table at 0x000000F400000000).

But Csgo need at least over 256M. So I guess the timeout here:

Eyl 16 18:49:26 davut-laptop kernel: [drm:amdgpu_job_timedout [amdgpu]] *ERROR* ring gfx timeout, signaled seq=527, emitted seq=528

is because of less VRAM.

it has 2048 mb vram and also it can’t open apps like firefox, scrcpy, discord, steam too

I can’t really help here. I see a lot of issues regarding this error on Mesa Issues.

I have not AMD GPU for testing, but there are some tweaks you can do: drm/amdgpu AMDgpu driver — The Linux Kernel documentation

Example:

1. Lets say our want to turn off dynamic power management
  2. Then add amdgpu.dpm=0 to the kernel parameter
    3 OR add it to /etc/modprobe.d/ with a new file:
options amdgpu dpm=0

I guess you have to tinker there since it is experimental for older GPUs.

Use Kernel parameters
amdgpu.gartsize=0
amdgpu.runpm=0
amdgpu.vramlimit=0
amdgpu.dc=1
amdgpu.dpm=0
And tell me if it works

It works (I have same problem), but performance is very low, looks like GPU runs on minimal clock. Will be better to just use <=5.4 kernel without those parameters :confused: