Why can't pacman grab CBM

Trying to install CBM using Pacman, get an error telling me target not found.

Why can I install this using apt but pacman is completely unable to find anything
(https:// aur.archlinux. org/packages/cbm)

Hi @NightOWl, and welcome!

Firstly, although pacman works, it’s actually Arch Linux’ package management system, and not pamac, which is Manjaro’s.

Secondly, it doesn’t look as if CBM is in the repositories, only the AUR:

$ pamac search cbm

qtcbm-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                      r132.55243bf-2           AUR
Qt GUI Frontend for the (Open)CBM utils
qtcbm                                                                                                                                                                                                                          1.0.0-2                  AUR
Qt GUI Frontend for the (Open)CBM utils
python2-pcbmode                                                                                                                                                                                                                4.9-1                    AUR
circuit board design software with a twist
opencbm-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                    r1436.7134118b-1         AUR
OpenCBM allows access to Commodore (C64) storage devices VIC 1540, 1541, 1570, 1571, or even 1581 floppy drive
opencbm                                                                                                                                                                                                                        0.4.99.99a-1             AUR
OpenCBM allows access to Commodore (C64) storage devices VIC 1540, 1541, 1570, 1571, or even 1581 floppy drive
cbmem-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                      latest-1                 AUR
A utility for reading from the CBMEM console on Coreboot systems
cbmconvert                                                                                                                                                                                                                     2.1.4-1                  AUR
Create, extract and convert 8-bit Commodore binary archives
cbmc-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                       5.11.r1339.gabbb38942-1  AUR
Bounded Model Checking for ANSI-C
cbmc-bin                                                                                                                                                                                                                       5.11-1                   AUR
cbmc                                                                                                                                                                                                                           5.11-1                   AUR
cbmbasic-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                   0.r17.89093eb-1          AUR
A 100% compatible version of Commodore's version of Microsoft BASIC 6502
cbm-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                        r19.a62ad24-1            AUR
Car Backdoor Maker : A hardware backdoor tool is presented having several advanced features
cbm                                                                                                                                                                                                                            0.3.2-1                  AUR
Color Bandwidth Meter - display in real time the network traffic speed

And pacman doesn’t search the AUR, only install from it, manually. Whereas pamac installs from the AUR.

So that’s probably what’s happening. So, to install CBM, run the following in a terminal:

pamac build cbm

Note pamac and not pacman.

That should work then.

Holy hell youre a saint, thank you so much

1 Like

:wink:

The Manjaro team did create pamac, but pacman works just as well.
The actual matter is that:

1 Like

My bad. I thought I put this in there. I see now I didn’t.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.