Why are there no TL4s on the Manjaro forum?

So I've finally made it! I officially know everything... :grin:

So I went looking for other high-rep users, and these are the giants of the Manjaro forum:

• bogdancovaciu: 847 solutions accepted.
  • tbg: 418 solutions accepted.
  • bill_t 383 solutions accepted.
  • xabbu 362 solutions accepted.
  • gohlip: 318 solutions accepted.
  • xircon 311 solutions accepted.
  • dglt 302 solutions accepted.

(300+ rep only, excluding anyone with Manjaro Team / moderator status)

but I noticed that none of them have TL4 status and as I used to be a TL4 somewhere else my question is:

Why are there no TL4s here on the forum???

Why I'm asking, you say?

• TL4s can:
    • Edit anyone's post, so editing new user's posts that used ` instead of ```and then PMing them how to do it better next time is so much more efficient then posting an answer telling them to do so.
    • Reclassify things all by themselves (Rants and raves? Moved! N00b question in Technical assistance? Moved!)
    • Unlist abusive posts.
    • Flag spam immediately (doesn't seem to be a huge problem today)

Why? Oh, why aren't there any, I'm begging you!

:innocent:

1 Like

Because TL status on this forum is just a moniker. All forum members are considered equals. But hey they get to use chat :joy:

The chat is for TL3s... :wink: I'm talking about TL4s...

1 Like

Why? Because we know you too well. :wink:

2 Likes

You need to pay a dinner first! :money_mouth_face:

TL3 is easy to get I was just wasting my time here and I am TL3, there should be more steps to become Manjaro guru.

I am not sure there is a relationship between the number of people that have been helped by someone and who it would make sense to allow to edit other's posts.

We allow TL3's to do this already

I think a better question would be why do we need this additional level?

3 Likes

IOW: You have enough moderators and do not need an additional level for the number of users you have. Over at AskUbuntu they were happy to give me these rights to help out the poor overworked mods, but the number of absolute N00bs and dumb or duplicate questions there was much higher than here...

Case closed, your honour!

tl4 looks more like a moderator, not ?
the best technician is not necessarily a good moderator.

tl4 have the label "leader", we already have as real leader the devs manjaro (and moderators), to have more will sound confusing. or this label is to much... So, for me, it's mostly this label that bothers me.

1 Like

So you excluded the current TL4 users? No wonder there aren't any! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Glad nobody is counting my hairs. TL4 aka Toupee Lace 4 is not my thing :crazy_face:

3 Likes

A moderator is higher than a TL4: A moderator can also read user information like email address, which a TL4 cannot...

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You mean Bogdan and TBG should not have the title "leader" ?

:open_mouth:

Exactly why I'm posting this: We have a few already...

Says the undisputable "Leader" of the Manjaro forums...

Moderators can't see email addresses.

Multiquoting

is

a

thing.

Just FYI. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If you are bored you can create your own distro! :crazy_face:

You aked one question too many. :gun:

1 Like

They're just remaking Person of Interest now... unless... it's set in the same universe....! :exploding_head:

Forum kindly sponsored by