How to install left out Packages?

Hello there, a Newbie here, I recently switched from Windows to Manjaro. The only mistake I did was I installed the Minimal LTS Gnome Version. I Have no problem with the LTS part but due to Minimal install, I missed out on a lot of packages that come with the iso file. So I was wondering how would I Do that. I know that you can individually install packages but there are so many of them. So is there any group collection of packages that I can install or maybe can I use the live USB to install only the packages or anything similar. Or maybe even a list of all the packages would help. Also Printer isn’t working :frowning: Is there a package for it or do I have to install the OS Again? Cheers!

What printer do you have?
If you have a hp printer, try installing hplip.

If you tell us the kind of software you need, we can let you know what to install.

If you just completed the installation, you can simply start over with the right ISO.

1 Like

Which packages are you missing specifically?

You can still install all of them.

That’s what he’s asking for, he wants the ‘other’ package he would have from the normal ISO.

I think the EXTRA lines are for the full ISO, which would give you:

alacarte
apparmor
baobab
dconf-editor
webapp-manager
manjaro-log-helper
firefox
firefox-gnome-theme-maia
rygel
gdm-plymouth
plymouth-theme-manjaro
gnome-font-viewer
gnome-online-accounts
gnome-contacts
gnome-user-docs
gnome-user-share
gnome-calendar
evolution-data-server
gnome-characters
gnome-clocks
gnome-weather
gnome-maps
gnome-todo
gtkhash-nautilus
seahorse
wallpapers-2018
manjaro-wallpapers-18.0
wallpapers-juhraya
onlyoffice-desktopeditors
flatpak
bauh
snapd
snapd-glib
pamac-snap-plugin
pamac-flatpak-plugin
simple-scan
noto-fonts-compat
vino
xf86-input-wacom                 #support for tablet and pen display ( wacom ecc. )
yelp
caffeine-ng
libappindicator-gtk3
p7zip
unrar
unace
lrzip
gtk3-print-backends
geary
gnome-calendar
lollypop
empathy
telepathy
uget
transmission-gtk
manjaro-documentation-en
jre8-openjdk
jre8-openjdk-headless
libdvdcss
manjaro-printer
simple-scan 
ffmpegthumbnailer
timeshift
deja-dup
kernel-alive
gnome-shell-extension-gsconnect
manjaro-aur-support #introduce for testing in community

Just my deduction, not sure.

But yeah, reinstall if you recently installed you have nothing to lose, you start fresh, proper, without you installing/configuring the missing packages, and enabling the services…

PS: one thread = one issue don’t start multi questioning various unrelated issues in a single thread.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.