Who in Hell enabled the Trash Can in Thunar?

Why is the Trash can put back in Thunar for anyway? And just how do I disable the damn thing? When I delete a file, I want it deleted not put in the trash :rage:.

Back when I used OS/2 there was the Shredder which I loved. Anyway, does anyone else also hate Trashcans besides me?

2 Likes

Go to settings in thunar and enable it !!
This is not the tone we like here.
Already enough kindless minties and buntheads here.

Thunar Trash Can Enabler... is that a job?

I don't use the trash can either. It can be a lifesaver for new users if they delete something they shouldn't.

Sorry I lost control of myself there being highly annoyed by the presence of the Trashcan. And where in Thunar settings is the option to disable damn thing? It is not there. :roll_eyes:

The tone of the post is fair, it's a rant after all

2 Likes

ShiftDel

2 Likes

OK. To calm down, I will answer your title.
It was xfce devellopment.
It is kind of useful, as my wifes laptop has not enabeled direct deleting.
Safe is safe !?
Go to settings - behaviour or advanced (I am on smartphone atm), you will find it.

Is it in the Trashcan? :slightly_smiling_face:

Default is to use Trash - bypass or enable

20200207-203147_353x57_screenshot

I had that selected and pressing delete still moves files to Trashcan instead of deleting.

While not what I'm looking for, this will have to do.

Don't worry, it's still there :slightly_smiling_face:
$ shred -uzn0 workMemo.docx
:slightly_smiling_face:

Log out/in
Reboot

Every now and then I get a satisfying feeling clicking the fat trash can and emptying it forever. Feels like relief to just let the bad things go, in a purposeful conscientious action: "out you go you useless piles of bytes."

you do the hokey cokey and shake it all about :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

i just let it send things to trash and have a cron job empty the trash every x minutes. much easier. relevant binary is in trash-cli

Who in Hell enabled the Trash Can in Thunar?

I did. :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

because solved

Forum kindly sponsored by