I’m really not sure if I can ask this in this forum. But I just haven’t found a better category.
I am urgently looking for a new laptop and would very much like to use Manjaro. Do you know of a device that meets these requirements?
What my new laptop should have:
- USB A
- USB-C incl charging over it
- Mini HDMI
- Network (or via adapter)
- min 16 GB RAM
- min 250GB SSD
- SIM card slot
- 3.5 mm jack headphone connection
- Thin and light like a Macbookair
- Manjaro compatible
- For Office, Cloud, streaming, Teams, Canva
- Often in use:: OBS Studio for streaming to Youtube & co
- German keyboard layout
- Shipping to Germany
I would be very happy if you know such a device and can recommend it to me. Thank you!
The forum is not for advice on what hardware to buy, do check out the partners of Manjaro on the home page.
Any Linux compatible laptop should run almost any Linux distribution, so if you find a model you like it should be technically possible to get Manjaro to run on it.
Threads seeking advice about specific computer product recommendations are discouraged.
- Such topics, like the technology they discuss, quickly become obsolete and are unlikely to provide any lasting benefit to the wider community.
- You are expected to be able to do your own research and draw your own conclusions about which product best suits your individual requirements.
- However, Manjaro partners with several hardware vendors. If you’re interested in hardware powered by Manjaro, you are welcome to check out the available options at Manjaro hardware.
Is there a forum, a telegram channel or something similar where one can ask such a question?
You are going to be extremely hard-pressed to find something like that, if it even exists. With all of your other requirements, I don’t think it’s possible to find a device like you are asking for.
There is https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxhardware/ & https://linux-hardware.org/ , other distributions might not have the rule about hardware advice on their fora.