Where to find resources for newbies?

Hi there!

I’ve been reading posts and tutorials on this forum for a couple of months but in the end I always ended up with a broken OS. After formating my computer now more than than 15 times just to have a fresh start I feel I need to call for help.

The tutorials here are too advanced and incomplete for newbies so I would like to know if someone knows a good place to start learning up-to-date and understandable steps to setup graphics drivers (the wiki is definitely not that place), since I’ve tried everything available in YouTube, blogs, Manjaro and Arch wiki.

Thanks in advance and have a good day!

A post was split to a new topic: Bumblebee not working, PRIME broke my setup

Are you Chinese, right? If so, did you have tried to search what you need at the unofficial forum of Manjaro in Chinese: https://www.manjaro.cn/?

No, I can read English but I live in China. I just find some wiki pages too basic, but others way too advanced. Thanks for your reply

Maybe it makes sense to describe what you want to achieve. Here is a lot of know-how available.

Indeed. Sorry, deckard: my post was split in two by an administrator and both threads look pretty silly now. This is such a bad starting in a forum, everyone thinks I’m stupid now :smiley:

It was all intended to be a single thread. I was asking for a step-by-step tutorial on setting non-bumblebee, non-free Nvidia drivers for newbies. Since the ones I found in this forum are very advanced and skip basic steps and commands.

Edit: actually, I just noticed that your can actually click the little arrows in the tutorial and they unfold and provide the commands I was looking for. It is, indeed, a great tutorial! I didn’t know you could click those arrows.

ok, nevermind :slight_smile: have a good start in the board anyway!

If you don’t know how to edit a file then yes. Otherwise, they actually do provide a step-by-step guide.

If you’re having problems with an Optimus laptop, that’s because it’s an Optimus laptop.

Anyway, it looks like “an administrator” made a mess here so let’s just close these threads.

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by