Where can I find the Linux version of AppData/Roaming/[the software] in Windows 10

First one’s free, but then @Aragorn starts charging a flat rate per solution. Just letting you know…

1 Like

Best way to get them hooked, man. Best way to get them hooked, I tells ya. :laughing:

1 Like

Krita was Linux software long before being also a Windoze one, why you need to watch a youtube video when all the answers are at krita.org?

Here it is Resource Management — Krita Manual 5.0.0 documentation

1 Like

thank you @cscs. I’ve been using ms windows since I know computer (maybe 20 years) and unlearning this habit is hard. Thanks again.

1 Like

because its the first I’ve seen in my feed in youtube. Anyways, thank you very much for helping me.

1 Like

yeah make reading manuals a good habit while you are on Linux, it’s good for becoming a GNU/Linux power user in the future :wink:. Cheers.

Just an addition. You can install the bundle of wet oil brushes via Krita 4.4 interface, but you can only use those brushes in Krita 5.x prealpha or beta … but there is no need to touch the resources folders, honestly. Brushes that are no longer cross compatible with the new Krita or older Krita versions will always have the x on them

or simply not show up if are made for a brush engine that is not present. Krita 5 vs Krita 4 for example.
With a bit of tweaks those x ones can be usable again, but you have to save them, or again, can be removed without touching the resource folders. Why they show this “hacky” things in videos is beyond me.

2 Likes

Just as a side note, if you have an idea about the file names that you are looking for, why not just look for them :wink:

>> sudo updatedb
>> locate foo | less

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.