What's the best way to install linux over Windows

Hello, need some opinions. I bought a new laptop and plan on installing KDE Plasma. I am wondering what is the best way. Should I just erase the partitions and install linux. Is it a good idea to write zeroes to the SSD first?

1 Like

If u need windows for some reason then u can dual boot with Manjaro(check latest stable update announcement post for ‘os-prober’, very important)

If u don’t use any windows only software then erase & install

• It’s a good idea to not to wipe Windows, but shrink its partition to 64GB and install a dual-boot solution.
    If you haven’t had to boot Windows for a year, you can always delete the Windows partition(s) then…

:crossed_fingers:

• If you do not want any stinking Windows even after reading the above, please read this:
    [HowTo] erase an external disk (USB, SD-Card, ...) EASILY (through a GUI)
    (You can also use this tutorial to erase an internal disk completely)

:man_shrugging:

If you’re just trying to install Manjaro and get rid of Windows, just delete the partitions and install.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’ve got it done. But I’m having other problems now so I’m going to make another post. Everytime I plug in a flash drive, it disables my bluetooth and the laptop doesn’t recognize the usb ports and it happens to the micro-sd slot as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.