What to do when I don't get a response for a question?

I have made a post in the #support section for something. I have waited a few days without any response on it.
I would like to know if there is a better way to ask my question/better place to ask this particular question (maybe this is a problem with Linux and not Manjaro, I don’t know).

My question is: If I don’t get a solution from here, is there something to do about it? (like increase visibility of the question or something?)

Thank you in advance!

Since this forum technical assistance is done by volunteers, there is no way to “make” someone reply to a topic. Is not mandatory for anybody here to solve all issues.

This forum rules:

make it clear that there is no way to do get in front.

Thank you! I surely understand and appreciate the work done. I just wanted to know if there is some additional thing - like an IRC or discord server as well. I didn’t mean to offend anyone.

Most likely - no one knows the answer.

The answer may be too obvious - understood as you should be able so solve the issue by doing some research on your own.

I totally understand. I would like to try and figure things out on my own, but at times I’m stuck and unable to even diagnose issues. I try to post only after much deliberation except this post - I just wanted to know this.
Anyhow, thank you for letting me know.

It depends on the topic. When you receive no reply in a few days, it might be because:

• the thread got drown among numerous posted around the same time
  • no one even knows how to help on that topic
  • the post is too poorly written to motivate anyone to help

It might be legitimate to bump it once, in case it got skipped by everybody.
In the meantime, you should try searching for answers by yourself, by looking for similar issues (here and on the internet) and by documenting yourself on that topic (which might help reformulating more precisely/understandably).

Bumping is much less looked down upon if

A) A reasonable amount of time has passed

B) Additional information is provided

1 Like

Thank you all. I have understood what I should do.

There’s an official manjaro telegram group an unofficial manjaro telegram group and manjaro reddit. The telegram groups are very relaxed and a good place for simple questions but not so great for tech support

1 Like

You can also hop on the unofficial manjaro irssi chat, there are sometimes some very helpful people there.

Additionally, https://www.linuxquestions.org is a fine resource in general and their forums are also good (although I still prefer the official Manjaro forums).

2 Likes

Maybe you could have asked the author of the guide you followed

Thanks again for letting me know about the telegram group and chat! I wanted to inquire about these only!

Sorry, but the problem didn’t occur after installing i3. It has been there for a year now. I had tried a bunch of things every now and then in vain and finally thought of asking here! Anyhow, thanks for the advice!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.