What is up with copy/paste on Manjaro KDE?

:man_facepalming: You mean Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V as in the Copy and Paste shortcuts, not the

and

You confused me (us?) since there is a ‘Copy Link Location’ option, which as the name implies, copies the link, not the highlighted text.

2 Likes

btw, you can probably mark this as solved now - the post above where you replied to Aragorn about the about:config setting, since that seems to have fixed it.

1 Like

I don’t see any checkbox for marking a post as solved in this forum category. Perhaps this is something the mods need to look into. :thinking:

I’ll flag my own post here to bring it to their attention. :wink:

1 Like

I just created a test thread, and it’s (mark as ‘solution’ option) still there, but probably only for the OP and moderators as it was earlier, which was rather broken in my opinion. And now the forum won’t let me delete that (empty) thread. How silly! And rather amusingly, you can’t flag your own posts! :laughing:

Well, I just did. :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree, because often the OP would mark their own followup post as the solution when somebody else first told them what to do to solve their problem. Having the ability to reassign a solution is paramount, in my humble opinion.

The setting has been fixed day before yesterday, but it only affects threads created after setting was changed. I think it would also propagate to this thread if we rebaked the posts, but I don’t think it is worth doing for so few threads.

2 Likes

Selected the solution. All is well now.

It still doesn’t show up on new threads in certain forum categories, so it’s probably dependent on the forum categories themselves, rather than on the threads.

P.S.: This particular discussion should be split off from this thread ─ it’s off-topic. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.