How to set default GPU

Hi everybody.
First of all, thanks for any help i may get here. I’m still quite new to working with Manjaro, although i have used Debian on my PC for a while.

Now to my issue: I need to set a default GPU for my PC, because I want to go a GPU passthrough. I currently have 2 GPUs in my PC, a AMD Radeon RX 5700 (will be my guest GPU) and a NVIDEA GeForce GT 710 (will be my host GPU).

My Mainboard (MSI B450 Tomahawk Max) has one PCI x16 3.0 slot (used for the AMD GPU) and the NVIDEA GPU is in a x16 2.0 slot.

I have spend a long time searching in the BIOS for the default gpu setting, but I have been unable to find it. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could either tell me where to switch the default GPU in BIOS or where to set it somewhere else.

Advanced -> Integrated Graphics Configuration -> Initiate Graphic Adapter -> [IGD]
Source

The UEFI only supports switching between integrated and pcie GPU.

It seems you have to use the integrated one to boot and passthrough to a pcie gpu of your choice.

Otherwise in theory, you could install the nvidia driver, blacklist it, and use pcie [PEG] in the UEFI, then the nvidia module gets activated when you passthrough it.

Generally its labeled as pci boot priority or display priority, or initial display output.

otherwise you can tell X not to touch the gpu, that way you can only use it in a Prime usage scenario or for passthrough. if you don’t care about using it at all in the host os, you can set boot config using grub