What implementation of xdg-desktop-portal should be used?

Latest update asks what implementation of desktop portal to use. Is it -gtk for phosh ? Default is -gnome.

You just answered your own question. :wink:

I did not, as phosh is not gnome, and -gnome has had problems on DE:s that are not gnome. (at least on x86)

Phosh (PHone SHell) is a mobile version of GNOME Shell. xdg-desktop-portal-gnome (which depends on xdg-desktop-portal-gtk) should be installed.

Thanks.

But calling it a mobile version of gnome shell is a bit of a stretch and not something i would expect a developer to say.

Why ask a question if you’re going to reject the answer and then argue about it?

P.S. I’m not a developer and I’m sure there’s a better way to describe what Phosh is.

I accepted the answer, what option to choose, that i thanked you for. What i did not appreciate is being told i answered myself when i mentioned the default (as if it was always correct) and then when i tried to explain myself, getting highly inaccurate reasoning (in x86 the suggestion seems to be to use -gtk on desktops that are based on gnome libs but are not gnome shell)

I was only showing you that you had found the answer yourself. :wink:

I’m sorry to report that just like on x86, xdg-desktop-portal-gnome makes programs slow to start (terminal for instance). pacman -R xdg-desktop-portal-gnome fixed it, leaving xdg-desktop-portal-gtk active.

So one should indeed choose option 2 during update.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.