What are the requisites to TL2?

Hi! Although is not very important, I want to ask are the requisites to get TL2 level different from the instructions?
There it says that to get TL2, a user has:

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

As far as I know I fulfill all requisites, but still in TL1.

Not that it is very important, but it would be nice to be able to write links or embed images if necessary.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

That’s right, but it can be a few hours or more generally 1…2 days late.
Forkinks and images, it seems to me that you can ?

You have met the TL2 requirements as documented in the Discord defaults, yet your upgrade seems to take longer than you would expect. I have tried to document what I know here:

I think it’s more like a week late :smile:

Nope

I find the easiest work-around for links would be to use code blocks. Just paste your link, highlight it and click the </>. For images, I would just upload them, and use the link trick. If you want to get fancy, there is a tutorial.

1 Like

Ok. If it’s done manually, then I can understand it can take a little bit.
What it’s a little odd is that I think Ihave even “better” values than you :smile::

• 26 days visited
  • 1d read time
  • 297 topics viewed
  • 3.2k posts read
  • 2 likes given
  • 3 topics created
  • 136 posts created
  • 52 likes received

I will wait. No problem. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I have been doing that, when necessary. It’s just is easier not having to do that. Thanks!

Right, if there were a manual review step, then it would make sense to prioritize your manual review ahead of mine based on the fact that your values are better than mine. For a cron job (or equivalent), it seems to make sense to me to do a nightly or weekly sweep of the entire database without bothering to prioritize.

In my case, I achieved the published criteria maybe a week or so before getting TL2.

but you are already TL2 since a long time (just after the same question as @cfinnberg) You just have to wait a little bit

Your notes are false, you distort my writings:

• No particular criteria for here
  • A cron gives the badges
  • “is implied by 'but you may not be at the top of the list.” No, I wrote that the cron has to take the first ones in the list, so so just wait until the best pass.

As said several times, if you want information you have to ask on the forum discourse, it’s been years that everyone assumes things as soon as he is impatient.

@cfinnberg
Are you sure you can’t use links or images? I am very surprised by your request, for me you can since 1…2 days. Being TL2 now gives nothing :wink:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

(George Orwell, Animal Farm)

Don’t worry TL1, TL2 is just a badge and doesn’t bring anything.
For me, TL1 and TL2 are already equal :wink: personal invitations and sending grouped messages, it’s such a huge disparity !

https://forum.manjaro.org/badges/2/membre
ps: We can see that cron works very well: but that it gives badges one by one so yes it’s long: the TL2 queue is big because the forum is new.

Tic tic tic tic tic…Infinity

I love the mental gymnastics to say that the system works “very well”. If the system can only update 1 member per hour from a query pool of ~4000 user records, I would not call that as a system that works “very well”.

Let’s just call it as it is - it’s a slow, poor performing (from a database update standpoint), and frustrating system to those that it’s affecting; and that it works in a mysterious way that no one on this forum is able to explain. The only solution is to wait.

1 Like

I just got mine yesterday. Now to the badge collection. Gotta cath’em all!!!

the bad Sidekiq … since I think … it also seems to me that forum does not send me one email in 20 ??
@codesardine Sidekiq is not floundered ? badge and emails … (chat notifs ok all)

Ok, let’s try…

Link: What are the requisites to TL2?

Image: [Deleted after trying]

So, you are right! I can! I think I tried last time like 2 days ago, and I couldn’t. So are the rules changed? Because I’m still TL1

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.