Welcome and introduce yourself - 2022

Hello, wired world of people.

I’m your average linuxian. I join online places to ask and solve problems.

I used manjaro in the past but not as much as today. Using means questioning stuff and having to discuss about it, right?

nep³

1 Like

Started with Linux back in the days where you could get it on a cd stuck to a a magazine and modems use to sing as they connected to the internet. Have had a device or two running linux ever since. Distro hopped a bit down the years, eventually found arch and subsequently Manjaro and they just clicked for me in a way no others have. been lurking the community for the past year or so and figured it was probably time to sign-up, sign-in and say Hello,
So with that… Hello, I’m Nillth

2 Likes

* As part of a group *

Hello @Nillth

Hi my name is Larry. I had 45 years experience in IT much of which was in database administration where I typically served a dual role as system administrator for database machines including HP, AIX, Sun, Linux, Windows Servers, OS2 and Mainframe. I got into Manjaro 2 months ago. I have been running Mint Mate for Amateur Radio for a long time and found running old software is an issue for WSJT-X, LOTW and CQRLog. (I also run FLDigi but no issues). Waiting for a new release of Mint after a LTS release of Ubuntu then waiting for the Upgrade process to be released was starting me off with years old software plus the upgrade process is not recommended thru multiple versions. I sand-boxed 12 distributions looking for a better alternative. I have implemented two instances of Linux on 3 machines. One is Manjaro the other Mint Mate to be used as a backup. Why a backup? The old IT saying was: Never upgrade to a “.0” version because it is buggy, wait for the “.1” version to fix the bugs, and implementing every version of software just guarantees you encounter every bug. Having 45 years in IT does not mean I do everything right. Yesterday I implemented Manjaro on my third machine and when trying to update software got “corrupt” messages on packages. Today I decided to try updating various packages until I found what was corrupt. That was a mistake as interdependent software got out of sync, the GUI package manager and networking broke so I am in “what do I do now?” mode. :wink:

Hello everyone,

Back to Manjaro (for good I believe) new to Linux; switched permanently last December. Tried different distros but I think Manjaro is the one for me!
Hope to learn from y’all. Hope to one day know enough to share.

Running on KDE on my Ryzen 3700x and Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Mostly use the machine for school work and light gaming.

Did you end up switching over to Manjaro?

Hello,

I’m a web developer and Linux user since 2003. Since then I’ve evolved to Unix-like user, as I enjoy working with Apple, FreeBSD and Linux in general.

I installed Arch long ago (around 2005) and I’ve been using Manjaro at home since 2020. I was skeptical about the rolling release in the long run, but here I am, 2.5 years later with a rock solid experience, so I decied to give the step forward and get into the community of what ended up being an amazing OS.

so, well… nice to meet you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello! I’m Adewunmi, known online as Rachamv. I’m currently learning software dev. I’ve been using Ubuntu with Gnome for about 2 months now, but I want to switch to Manjaro, so I’m trying to learn about it before going full force on it.

1 Like

Toad signing on. Been on Linux since 2001, started with rpm followed by deb, arch, deb again and now Manjaro. Quite impressed how it handles my 20 year old home partition (seen worse) :wink:

2 Likes

Hello, my first try with Manjaro. It’s a bit different from Debian or Ubuntu based distros I’ve used before but I think I like it!

I can do html and css but struggle with all other coding and technical stuff. I blame it on the old age :slight_smile: I hope you’re all well and happy and enjoying life :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello!

I’m a Linux sys admin in an HPC datacenter. A co-worker had suggested Manjaro when I was still an intern after buying a laptop for my first bare metal install 2 years ago, and I’ve stuck with it since. I have enjoyed it, and I like pacman. I’m looking to use the forums to further my knowledge and develop a better understanding of the system I use every day!

Cheers.

Glad to meet you, Nollth. I’ve been using Manjaro off and on for years, but mostly I’ve been with vanilla Arch, and many others. Xfce here at the moment.

Hello! I’m Gaurav aka Madden Chan, been using KDE plasma for about one year, reinstalled manjaro to my system many times, and I still feel noob, so I have finally decided to learn to use manjaro as efficiently as possible, earlier I was using it as noob/windows user.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Kimi. After wandering around the various Linux distros I finally stopped in Manjaro. Now I feel a sense of peace inside. Manjaro Kde is my favorite Linux distro, I don’t think I will change. Greetings to everyone! Kimi
PS: Forgive my English.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is Sergio. I’m fairly new to Linux and Manjaro is the only version I tried. It looks very good. I’m absolutely new to this forum and can’t figure out how to post a HELP request! that I need. Can someone explain to me? Thanks and regards!

Hi, I actually started my Linux adventure with Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04 on 2015 via dual layer DVD given by a magazine. Currently using Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS but I’m planning to switch Manjaro KDE as soon as possible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi all, back on Linux after 6 years away, went back to Mint, figured I’d try some others and after trying several I’ve settle on Manjaro Plasma, what a great distro! look forward to getting to know it better and participating in the community!

1 Like

Hello! I’m Steve I’ve been using Linux Mint for several years but I thought I would give Manjaro a look. Just using it on my laptop have no plan to switch to it on the desktop, liking it so far.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been a user of Debian distros since 2008. I decided it was time to try more things.

I love all the desktops but I preferred to use KDE now. So I decided to have fun here too.

1 Like