Welcome and introduce yourself - 2022

Hi everyone,

My name is Diego Ainse and I am a newbie with Manjaro. I found the forum today as I am looking for help with a black screen error.

Best regards.

Welcome, Diego! Please read the forum articles about how to post information about your system, then post your black screen error problem in the appropriate section along with details about your setup. A black screen result is an extremely common problem with many, many possible causes.

Hello. Iā€™m new to Manjaro, but not not entirely to Linux. Looking forward to seeing if I like it or not. :slight_smile:

Hi, Iā€™m PC_ZERO (or if you search on manjaro.it, PC ZERO).
Im not new to Manjaro.
Iā€™ve been using it since 2016, before with lxqt and now xfce but Iā€™m stilla a newbie sometimes.
I wanna see how it is this community and for some helpā€¦and improve my english that sometimes in bad. :upside_down_face:

Hey everyone, Iā€™ve first installed Linux around 2015 but had no idea what i was doing lolā€¦ i think it was opensuse at the time. Came back to it in 2020 as an alternative OS for cheap low end laptops for school. Like most new to linux users distrohopped like crazy even ending up on Slackware or Gentoo for a sense of elitism, only found myself pulling my hair out, settled down to Manjaro for simplicity and getting actual work done lol. Manjaro itself is a very good OS, have been with it for 3 months and after every update there have been no issues. I believe it is time that I said hello to the community and I would like to thank the Manjaro team for making a polished Linux operating system.

About me, I am a database administrator for a cybersecurity firm in the US, part time btw. I go to school part time as well working to attain my associateā€™s for transfer to a 4-year, donā€™t know where to go but my major of choice would be computer science. My hobbies are playing fighting games (street fighter is my favorite), lifting weights and exercise, retro gaming, and some investing. I hope to speak with you all more in the future. Ciaoā€¦

Hi, Iā€™m new to these forums. Iā€™ve only recently installed Manjaro Xfce on an old Chromebook, but Iā€™m a longtime (since 2016) user of Linux Mint Cinnamon.
Installing Manjaro Xfce seemed to be much easier than getting the sound to work with MATE.
Thanks for the Great operating system! Itā€™s going much more smoothly than my introduction to Mint!

1 Like

Hello,
I am a Software Engineer. I got tired of windows and now am using linux. I am so glad to have access to awesome software that I usually donā€™t have on windows. I can say that after using windows for over 20 years I donā€™t like it anymore.

Hi! This is Fuzhou Chen. I started my journey on Linux world since 2001 when I was in colleague, spending much time on Redhat (no Fedora that time) and Ubuntu, then Archlinux. I moved to Manjaro only since 2021, thus yeah Iā€™m still a newbie Manjaro. Love the simplcity of Manjaro that allow me focus on my daily works.

4 Likes

Just a man and his keyboard. Interested in benefiting the open-source community and contributing in my own nerdy way. Iā€™m in a wheelchair and pretty much live at my computer. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

5 Likes

*chants*
ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

6 Likes

Hi there, Iā€™m Hollis, software engineer, tinkerer, started with Caldera OpenLinux in the late 90s (oof), then RedHat, stuck with Slackware for a while, then *buntu for convenience. Never quite satisfied with Debian/Ubuntu and recent versions left a bad taste in my mouth. Manjaro was such a breath of fresh air. Running it on my X1 Yoga, an Intel Nuc, and Pinephone Beta 2.

This is the first distro that made me want to join the forum, weā€™ll put it that way. Cheers!

3 Likes

Itā€™s admissions like thisā€¦

ā€¦that gives perspective.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just here because I am @hollerpots stalkerā€¦ :wink:

Not a programmer nor IT person. Honestly, my greatest use of a computer is writing and editing (I also do some radio production which requires proprietary Windows software). As Windows got more and more up in my business, I first ditched MS Office for Softmaker, and now I am doing more and more with Majaro. I like that Linux can do what I need, doesnā€™t try to make decisions for me and despite being a perpetual noob, I can most times look things up and follow directions when I have trouble. I have dabbled with Linux since the early 2000s (Red Hat, SUSE, Fedora, Ubuntu) but Manjaro really hits the spot. I also use ManjaroArm on my Pinephone with keyboard case.

3 Likes

Man! Suddenly I donā€™t feel as old anymore!

4 Likes

Not quite that old, but not that far off the mark. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome! Glad to hear you are enjoying the Manjaro experience on your PC & phone. More power to you! :slight_smile:

Great to have you here. Iā€™m confident you will find people welcoming & helpful. Itā€™s certainly been that way for me over the last 9 years - I canā€™t believe itā€™s been that long. More power to you meantime! :slight_smile:

Hello there. Iā€™m Danilo, from Brazil, software engineer. Iā€™ve been a Manjaro user for a long time, but I decided to join the testing phase guys recently. I hope I can help here doing anything good. I use manjaro for everything. Fun, coding, daily tasks and everything more.

https://github.com/danilogco
https://www.linkedin.com/in/danilogco

1 Like

Hello there! I arrived here via minisforum as I was in the market for a new home server. The mini PC is awesome and Iā€™ve already reinstalled Manjaro once without a problem ā€“ I prefer the Cinnamon DE. Thank you to this entire community for making such an enjoyable Linux desktop experience!

1 Like

Iā€™m been using Linux for awhile, Mepis, Chakra and Kubuntu have been my main distros. It was the latterā€™s use of Snap that made me look else where and Iā€™ve settled here. Besides getting use to the updated software I havenā€™t found anything wrong. Here is to long association.

1 Like