Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

Waves :wave: Hello fellow Manjaro members
I’m not new to Linux but i am to this community Forum
if i know the answer to any of your questions i will be happy to help.

5 Likes

Maybe you know the answer to my biggest question: Why?

3 Likes

its a haunting question try not to get fixated on it to much. try to think about ‘why not’

3 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything

I am not new here but I was also in the old forum, the same name Zesko.
I was Linux noob in 2008, my first distro was known Ubuntu with my many attempts changes of theme for few years, then switched to Linux Mint for many years (maybe 8 years), It was nice stable and easy configurations for beginner to understand how Linux system works, then switched to Manjaro in 2016 or 2017 because of Pacman and Calamares installer good for advanced Linux user. :+1:
:wink:

5 Likes

Hello! My name is David (my username is an anagram for my full name, so with the remaining 10 characters, you might have better luck with a brute force to figure it out completely).

New to Manjaro! Not new to Linux, but new to Linux, if you know what I mean. Looking for as much help as I can get to help others later on!

4 Likes

Hey, All!

Casual Linux user since Debian 8. Found Manjaro distrohopping and haven’t found one I like more. Studying for my LPIC and Linux+ certs.

Security/privacy enthusiast and free software advocate.

Trying to be more involved in the community.

4 Likes

Hello,
I just migrated from Fedora to Manjaro. I am French, so my English might be a little inacurate sometimes. I am sorry about this.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Ovidiu. I’m from Romania, working as a software & system tester in the automotive industry (sadly the toolchain ties us to Windoze here) and also doing multiplatform mobile development on the side.

Hope that I’ll be more active around here and be able to give back to the community :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello, and thank you, all of you for being here. I’ve been using linux 7 or 8 years, but Manjaro cinnamon for only a month or so, and sometimes I need some help.

4 Likes

New to Arch but old in Ubuntu.

3 Likes

Please note that Manjaro is not Arch: it is an Arch derivative, just like Ubuntu is a Debian derivative, so please don’t post Manjaro support requests to the Arch forum, because the Arch community feels they are a tight-knitted circle of über-geeks only…

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hello out there,
I switched very recently to Manjaro after trying to get rid of Windows and macOS by testing several Linux-Distros. At the end, I was looking for an Arch-based Linux which is easier to handle than Arch.

At this moment, both my Laptop and my Gaming-machine are running Manjaro and I am quite happy with it.
I still have a MacBook as a Back-Up - hopefully I won’t need it anymore.

I like Manjaro, because it is Arch-based, very fast and highly customizable out of the box. And I like the rolling-release approach.

Would someone have told me beginning of this year, that I will (at home) migrate almost everything to Linux until summer… :smiley:

I had some touchpoints with Linux in the past on servers (Debian, Slackware) and tried from time to time to use it as Desktop-OS. But in the end I always discovered a really annoying detail which caused me to switch back.
This time, I have a good feeling (using Linux in several flavors for almost half a year now) although there are still issues and questions. For this reason, I registered an account for this forum.

So, greetings, thanks in advance and have a nice weekend!

5 Likes

I had manjaro installed next to Win 7 on my notebook … now I use manjaro as the operating system and have said goodbye to Win7 … I am enthusiastic about manjaro.

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Francis(DizTro) from Nigeria :sneezing_face: .
I started using Manjaro when i was too weak to get Arch installation right, so here we are. I’ve been a fan of the unpopular that’s why i dual booted Linux for a while, but i couldn’t stand that life so i dived in full time last year and that’s one of the few excellent decision I’ve made.

4 Likes

Hi folks!

Couple years ago I started to play around with an OrangePi. This was my first time using a Linux distro and was kinda tough since I’m so used to Windows. Wanted to use the OrangePi in the shed for some simple surfing and listening to some music while working on stuff. (bud sadly lacked the power).

I loved the simple OS environment from Linux with no annoying pop-ups and other crappy stuff Windows does. So last year bought my self another Laptop and looked around for a nice distro. I tried Ubuntu based distro on the OrangePi and I hated all the spying Connical does. After a while found out about Manjaro. I installed it next to windows and loved from the beginning.

By a stupid mistake I corrupted my whole Manjaro/Windows installation… But now my Laptop is just Manjaro! I also removed the OrangePi out of my shed and placed a Mini-Pc with Manjaro as well.

Still have to learn A LOT! But I’m determined :smiley:

8 Likes

Hello there!

Im a dude from the Philippines and Manjaro Rocks! And its a very good experience than any *buntu based distros. Im a long time windows user and i really need to maximize my current hardware for my studies as a CS student and i find this distro so powerful. I hope i can get well with you!

7 Likes

Hello fellow-manjaros,

I’m a member of the linux community since 2010, started with Linux Mint 9. Had to escape Windows Vista… :rage:

Changed to the Arch-Family with Antergos and felt at home right away. Unfortunately they stopped the further development in 2019 and I had to find a new home. Did some distro hopping (RebornOS, Sabayon[Gentoo], Mageia, Linux Lite) but nothing felt good to me.

Finally I found Manjaro and the good old Antergos/Arch mood was here again. Hope, it stays like that forever…

Kudos!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Roadblock Installing Manjaro to HDD

Hey there everyone!

I have always been found of Linux, however always hesitated switching due to gaming. Now, a majority of the games I play are available here with no problem. I first used Ubuntu and switched to Arch shortly after that.

Since that got way to annoying I just installed Manjaro. First xfce, then KDE.

I can´t wait to see what’s for Manjaro in the future!

See ya,

Tim

4 Likes