Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

Hi Guys,
after long journey from Fedora, Debian, Arch i’m landed by Manjaro.
Still asking questions…

6 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’ve been a Linux user since… 1998? I started with Red Hat 6(who remember Linus Torvalds saying “Linux” on the short audio sample which would run to test you have configured the audio card IRQs correctly?) and then switched to Mandrake/Mandriva and then stumbled upon Linux Mint and now Manjaro(for the past year or so).
I am now a fan of all things Arch. It all started with me wanting to build a KVM setup capable of PCIe pass-through. Ah, also I sick of PPAs and broken dependencies.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m new to Manjaro. I have been using Linux since 2006. Back in the days things were often breaking so I often needed to dual boot with Windows (ALSA, printers, ethernet drivers…).

Linux Mint was the first distribution where everything worked out of the box without any complicated configuration. But I was fedup with the upgrade process which was quite painful.

I just tried Manjaro from the advice of a friend, and so far I love it!

5 Likes

Switched from mint(after 4 years) to manjaro-cinnamon edition 12 months ago and couldn’t be happier. Rolling release and pacman/pamac package management are so much better in my opinion

4 Likes

Hi!
Starting with this beautiful distro today. Loving it so far.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Gvim Gtk-WARNING

Heya folks its MadmanRB here, I have used Manjaro in the past a few times and am dabbling in it once more just for fun.
I am a long time linux user and typically like to keep to the Ubuntu/Debian family but now and then i feel a little adventurous and want something else now and then :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi guys,
I’m french from France. I live in Thailand. I’m a long term linux user and i’m here to kindly ask some guidance on how to explore this wonderful system that is Manjaro as well as help new comers if i chance too.
I’m mainly interest in wine and be able install some windows app as i’m day trader.
I’m looking forward to have change to meet you guys along this adventure here.
Cheers :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi everyone,
Im come from Indonesia, this is my first time using linux, my friend recommend me to use Manjaro KDE, and yeah, it looks awesome! :heart:

4 Likes

Hi I’m worked with Windows for 27 years now. Tired of it. Now Manjaro KDE for about a week. Thanks to you in this forum I managed to get my WD Nas working and my network printer oki c301dn working but only black and white so far. Still have problem with disappearing meta button but I take care of that later.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am switching from Kubuntu 20.04 to Manjaro KDE. I have dual booted Ubuntu and Windows, and plan to install Manjaro alongside the other two OS. I will later delete Ubuntu after I set up Manjaro completely.

3 Likes

Waves :wave: Hello fellow Manjaro members
I’m not new to Linux but i am to this community Forum
if i know the answer to any of your questions i will be happy to help.

5 Likes

Maybe you know the answer to my biggest question: Why?

3 Likes

its a haunting question try not to get fixated on it to much. try to think about ‘why not’

3 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything

I am not new here but I was also in the old forum, the same name Zesko.
I was Linux noob in 2008, my first distro was known Ubuntu with my many attempts changes of theme for few years, then switched to Linux Mint for many years (maybe 8 years), It was nice stable and easy configurations for beginner to understand how Linux system works, then switched to Manjaro in 2016 or 2017 because of Pacman and Calamares installer good for advanced Linux user. :+1:
:wink:

5 Likes

Hello! My name is David (my username is an anagram for my full name, so with the remaining 10 characters, you might have better luck with a brute force to figure it out completely).

New to Manjaro! Not new to Linux, but new to Linux, if you know what I mean. Looking for as much help as I can get to help others later on!

4 Likes

Hey, All!

Casual Linux user since Debian 8. Found Manjaro distrohopping and haven’t found one I like more. Studying for my LPIC and Linux+ certs.

Security/privacy enthusiast and free software advocate.

Trying to be more involved in the community.

4 Likes

Hello,
I just migrated from Fedora to Manjaro. I am French, so my English might be a little inacurate sometimes. I am sorry about this.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Ovidiu. I’m from Romania, working as a software & system tester in the automotive industry (sadly the toolchain ties us to Windoze here) and also doing multiplatform mobile development on the side.

Hope that I’ll be more active around here and be able to give back to the community :slight_smile:

8 Likes