Welcome and introduce yourself - 2021

Sup guys! even though im no coding expert nor technical guy i just love Linux. Decided to jump from garuda to manjaro gnome unstable and i works like a charm! Love your work. Thanks for the efforts.

6 Likes

Hi folks!
Really happy to be a part of the Manjaro Community :smiley:
After about distro-hopping for a year, I finally found something that’s almost always updated (unlike Ubuntu/Debian) and has many packages without any pain (third party repositories).
Found home at KDE desktop (it worked quite well with my NVIDIA GPU whereas I didn’t have the same luck with XFCE) :heart_eyes:

I still have dual boot with Windows 10 but rarely use it. Definitely gonna wipe it off when I run low on disk :laughing:

Go Green!
Aayush

9 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Roon(Known as Ah_Roon), I was interested about Linux so after researching about which distro has user-friendly interface and rolling release distro, I found out this distro named Manjaro and I’m happy to be part of Manjaro community :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’ve tested tons of distros on VMware, and eventually stick on Manjaro. I think it’s the best balance between new features and stability. Moreover the AUR community is astonishing.

Now, I’m using a Manjaro Gnome edition on my Pi 400, and it’s a real pleasure to play with nice cool applications and the “retro” emulators.

7 Likes

Hi all! Got my pinephone a couple of weeks ago and experimenting with a few Manjaro editions. Really liking it so far! Kinda tempted to try Manjaro on one of my computers now too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Initial impressions

hi guys
I use linux for a while now and Manjaro since last year which i find pretty cool.
I usually visit forums to fins answers but rarely post on them.
let s see if this one will be different haha
Have a good day

7 Likes

Hi folks-
Been using linux since 2007 on home computers, forced to use windows at work, :(. I dabble in a lot of things: welding, musician, currently about a year from moving into a log home I built from trees I cut myself, outdoors, etc. Living in SE USA.
I’m really excited about a linux based phone, want to help make the pinephone project a success. Currently using plasma-mobile, having a lot of trouble getting basics to work like sms and reliable phone calls, etc. I think it will get there - point me to where I can help.
thanks for providing this forum.

7 Likes

Hello.
I’ve been using Manjaro since about 0.8.2. The only desktop at the time was xfce and net install if i recall correctly, where i used the testing branch, eventually moving to stable and installing i3wm on net install on my own, as it was not an official or community release.
You may or may not find some of my old posts from the old forums, mainly in the new user sections.
While i have not been active in the community, Manjaro has been my daily driver since.
I have installed Manjaro on friends laptops and desktops and even recommended it to people over the years and support the distribution, thank you all for the hard work.

im still using manjaro and on i3wm.
I’m looking forward to meeting new people and reading and posts.

7 Likes

Hello there ladies and gentlemen!

I’m man from the north country O’ Canada. New to linux, Manjaro has sold me for ease of use and the community. A month ago this laptop was pronounced dead by windows standards and I’m happy to say that Linux has given it a complete revival in speed and function. I’m excited to learn how to operate in this new world I’m diving into.

Feel free to reach out to me on here, my ears are always open to helpful wisdom and advice. I’ll be asking questions as they come to me.

10 Likes

I had to see which one I like the most and manjaro kde was like the match of it really! Haven’t hop since!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
This is zcyaya from Beijing, China. I’m a college student majoring in computer science.
I switched my daily OS from Ubuntu to Manjaro recently and found it running surprisingly smooth on my laptop.
This is an incredible distro, and I’m looking forward to becoming a community member!

7 Likes

Hi everybody!!
I just completed installing Manjaro on my computer and I’ve finally decided to make Linux my daily OS. I’ve tried some other distros in the past like Ubuntu, Mint or Kali but I’ve never really sat down and seriously tried to learn it. So, I’m still very new at using Linux. This is my first time visiting any Linux community so I’m hoping to meet many amazing people who can help me learn Linux in the future.

9 Likes

Hello All –

Name is Laura – I’ve been using Linux based systems for a LONG time (heck, I remember programing on Unix systems back when we lived in caves), but I’m relatively new to the Manjaro distro (been using it for a few months now). I run the xfce environment and love it so far

9 Likes

Hi
I am Jasiel a newer (noob) on linux Manjaro, I’m using Ornara with xfce in AMD A6 with only 4 of RAM and 64 eMMc, I’m still learning to use this so thank you for your patient wit h my questions.
Have a nice day guys.

6 Likes

Hi all, hi @mynewlaptop
Like you, I was a long time Ubuntu user since I replaced WinXP with Ubuntu in 2008. That’s about 12 years. Finally I switched to Manjaro in January 2021. And I am from Deutschland too (Germany). Also I regret not to jump earlier. We have a lot in common.

Grüße aus Berlin!

7 Likes

Hi,

I am Paul Johan and have been using Manjaro for about 1.5 years now. Before that I have used Ubuntu since 2008 and was shuffling between SuSE and RedHat based distros since ~ 2000 (even played with Gentoo for a few months and wasted a lot of time on that one). At first dualbooting with Windows 95/98/ME/XP for a few years, before desktop distributions got so good and complete that Windows could be dropped entirely and I (almost) never looked back. I am really pleased with Manjaro. It is a rock solid distribution with everything I could ever wish for and has a great community back up.

Great job and greetings from the Netherlands!

8 Likes

Hi everyone,
Dan here been using linux for many years but this is my first time on Manjaro have been using mainly Debian and derivatives such as Ubuntu, Mint etc

6 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Bengt, living in south sweden.
Are computer tech working with wired network and wireless.
Working most with Windows 10
Have an Dell computer use for linux.
Testing different distro linux and found Manjaro like both KDE and Deepin.
Try fix sound with my tv sony 43"

6 Likes

Howdy!

I’m your average lad from Ohio. Manjaro is the first Linux distro I’ve put any real time into (to be more precise, I went from years of Windows straight to Manjaro Linux as my main boot in about a week). This forum seems really cool and helpful, and the community seems nice, so I’m glad to stay here a while.

For the record, I’ve pretty much decided I’m gonna stick with Manjaro for a good while. I love pacman and the AUR, but I really don’t have the time nor desire to set up Arch the way I like it. So, Manjaro it is. And I like the look and customizability of KDE Plasma. Those guys have a great community too.

Anyway, glad to be here, looking forward to sticking around.

6 Likes