Weird font rendering on KDE Appeareance System Settings

Hi!! :grinning:
Today I've noticed that I have some weird font rendering only on KDE Appearance System Settings:

It's the same issue as this:

I don't have any special setting, only the one that is suggested in the Manjaro Wiki.

Curious, but this only happens on my desktop PC, my laptop it's not affected.
That's my inxi:

Summary
[albert@RYZTorre ~]$ inxi -Fxzc0
System:
  Host: RYZTorre Kernel: 5.6.12-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 
  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.18.5 Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:
  Type: Desktop System: Gigabyte product: B450M S2H v: N/A serial: <filter> 
  Mobo: Gigabyte model: B450M S2H v: x.x serial: <filter> UEFI: American Megatrends 
  v: F41 date: 07/22/2019 
Battery:
  Device-1: hidpp_battery_0 model: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 
  charge: 55% (should be ignored) status: Discharging 
  Device-2: hidpp_battery_1 model: Logitech M585/M590 Multi-Device Mouse 
  charge: 100% (should be ignored) status: Discharging 
CPU:
  Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 bits: 64 type: MCP arch: Zen rev: 1 
  L2 cache: 2048 KiB 
  flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm bogomips: 24757 
  Speed: 2545 MHz min/max: 1550/3100 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 2545 2: 2929 3: 2282 
  4: 2256 
Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GP108 [GeForce GT 1030] vendor: ZOTAC driver: nvidia v: 440.82 
  bus ID: 09:00.0 
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: nvidia tty: N/A 
  OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GT 1030/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 440.82 direct render: Yes 
Audio:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GP108 High Definition Audio vendor: ZOTAC driver: snd_hda_intel 
  v: kernel bus ID: 09:00.1 
  Device-2: AMD Family 17h HD Audio vendor: Gigabyte driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel 
  bus ID: 0b:00.3 
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.6.12-1-MANJARO 
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: Gigabyte 
  driver: r8169 v: kernel port: f000 bus ID: 08:00.0 
  IF: enp8s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter> 
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 931.52 GiB used: 424.12 GiB (45.5%) 
  ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Crucial model: CT500MX500SSD1 size: 465.76 GiB 
  ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: Seagate model: ST500LM030-1RK17D size: 465.76 GiB 
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 19.56 GiB used: 13.45 GiB (68.7%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda7 
  ID-2: /home size: 356.91 GiB used: 142.24 GiB (39.9%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda8 
  ID-3: swap-1 size: 2.00 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda6 
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 31.8 C mobo: N/A gpu: nvidia temp: 40 C 
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A gpu: nvidia fan: 32% 
Info:
  Processes: 278 Uptime: 31m Memory: 15.65 GiB used: 3.96 GiB (25.3%) Init: systemd 
  Compilers: gcc: 9.3.0 Shell: bash v: 5.0.16 inxi: 3.0.37

I have no idea how could I fix this...

:grinning:

Hello, try this

On testing is no longer an issue by the way ... so it should be soon on stable too.

3 Likes

Your fix works!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

However, I'm going to revert your change because if this it's not anymore an issue on Testing I prefer to wait for the next Stable update.

Thank you very much!! :grinning: :grinning:

The thing is, i'm on testing but now i can't quite be sure if was my edit or the update that had the edit and kept it fixed ... muahahaha

2 Likes

It's your edit. I've tried :smiley:

Forum kindly sponsored by