Webdav Mount won't work anymore

Hello there,

since the last update i get the following message trying to mount my nextcloud-share:

[peter@mynotebook ~]$ mount /media/nextcloud/
/usr/bin/mount.davfs: kann die Gruppendatenbank nicht lesen

The error message means “can’t read group database” in german. I only want to mount my nextcloud share when i need it, so i put the following line in my /etc/fstab:

[peter@mynotebook ~]$ cat /etc/fstab | grep -i nextcloud
http://192.168.178.99/remote.php/dav/files/peter/ /media/nextcloud davfs rw,user,uid=peter,noauto 0 0

I don`t know which group database could be broken during the last update or if the webdav mount configuration have to be changed.

Thanks a lot

Furby

1 Like

Did you replace your /etc/group with a /etc/group.pacnew file?

You don’t have to specify credentials when mounting - specify in the credentials in the /etc/davfs2/secrets file.

A recent change in util-linux-libs is causing this error. If you run on util-linux-libs-2.37.1-1, downgrade to a previous version. For me, util-linux-libs-2.37-3 seems to be working fine.

This is fixed, so we just need to wait for the release: Upgrading to 2.37.1 breaks mount.davfs · Issue #1398 · karelzak/util-linux · GitHub

Thanks to all of you. I missed the information about the error in the update. Since i only need to mount my nextcloud from time to time i’ll wait until the next release.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.