We need Manjaro-ARM MATE wallpaper

wallpaper

Hi all,

After @Strit announced the relaunch of Manjaro-ARM, I started to make the MATE version of it. It’s almost finished for testing!! :smile:

One of the things that is missing yet are wallpapers for it, so I though asking for the community would be a great idea!!

Anything following the maia or breath colors is great, being Manjaro-ARM generic or Manjaro-ARM MATE :grin:

Note: Don’t use the arm logo. The best way to avoid any copyright infringements are using “Arm” or “ARM” instead of “arm” since there been cases of people having issues using “arm” with similar font as the logo.

Ive always like excalibur’s wallpaper repo. They are true to manjaro but work for manjaro-arm as well.

Offer

Heres a mate one:

(Note - you supposed to be careful about using arm branding, logos, etc: https://www.arm.com/company/policies/trademarks/guidelines-corporate-logo
… so yeah, logo is from there.
Mate image from https://pixabay.com/en/mate-yerba-kalabas-2378768/)

My english is very bad, do not understand trademarks policies.

So tell me if … delete.

“Offer” include the old Logo :wink:

Reading the link about arm logo trademark let me think that the way it was used is illegal due to these:

* Do not use the logo or logotype as an element in titles, headlines or text.

* Do not place competing visual elements (including but not limited to other trademarks) close to the logo.

Although I might have interpreted it wrong.
So you’re sure the use of arm logo in your wallpaper is legal to use as long as we have arm permission to use the logo?

Well, no heading or title there…
and it’s not close… its on top of :wink:

…I’d like to think that one is acceptable … but a discrepant reading might say ‘no’. Though, as its a non-commercial venture, made for free for a free platform… :woman_shrugging:

So, using the arm logo is a no-go.

The best way to avoid any copyright infringements are using “Arm” or “ARM” instead of “arm” since there been cases of people having issues using “arm” with similar font.

I’ll add this note to the original post

Sad days… heres what arch on arm does:
Maybe we can just incorporate ‘arms’:

…You know … the other thing we could always do is talk to them…

Thx, text is o.k. :slight_smile:

Essential like Water, Manjaro. :wink:

Manjaro ARM, out of the box.

2.nd upload dismiss above.

ok, small :wink: :slight_smile:

I really like this one. :slight_smile:

green

To appease our gods the courts…