Was ist los mit Manjaro? Probleme häufen sich auf zwei verschiedenen Rechnern

The forum is for solving issues - not for discussing personal opinions.

Perhaps I have misunderstood something due to language barrier - though I am danish albeit not from Apenrade and though my family originates from the borderland I am not as well versed in German as I am in English.

But for the sake of being a moderator - I have to point out that this topic is a fruitless discussion originating in a frustration that applications stop working - and I get it - that is frustrating - but even packages as Nextcloud Client is in the repo it is not something anyone from the Manjaro team maintains - so asking for experiences - Erfahrungen - is going to get emotional - and we would very much like to keep it down.

Seeking help from fellow users - that is what the forum is about.

Sie sagen also, dass das Manjaro-Forum nicht dazu da ist, um zu diskutieren, ob Manjaro für einen bestimmten Zweck aus aktueller Sicht geeignet ist?

Bitte bestätigen oder widerlegen Sie dies, denn ich möchte nicht die falschen Schlüsse aufgrund eines Missverständnisses ziehen.

Außerdem bitte ich um Klarstellung, ob Sie durch MEINE Beiträge einen Verstoß gegen die Forenregeln sehen.

English (Translated by DeepL):

So you are saying that the Manjaro forum is not there to discuss whether Manjaro is suitable for a particular purpose from a current perspective?

Please confirm or refute this, because I don’t want to draw the wrong conclusions based on a misunderstanding.

Also, please clarify if you see any violation of forum rules by MY posts.

Das Problem liegt wohl bei GNOME Update, GNOME Update bricht die Abwärtskompatibilität mehr als andere Desktop Umgebung XFCE.

I understand that your reasoning may be pure but the reason topics like this is unwanted is the opinions and emotional uproar they may cause.

An such unrest and possible flame wars is so unwanted.

I didn’t understand this topic as a help request but as a debate on Manjaro production readiness and this is bound to be an emotional tread at best.

Such threads is generally frowned upon because they are based on personal opinions and not facts and therefore easily get’s out of hand and flames is thrown around.

What you define as production ready will likely contradict other whether this is experience or opinion based.

No one can advise you in what to choose and decide - but as with any computer related activity - you ether know a lot or you pay a lot.

I am available for hire as consultant - system architect, developer, security - if you should require so - just let me know and I will send you a PM.

@Nachlese. Ich gehe bewusst auf dein Posting nicht konkret ein, weil dein Posting genau in die Richtung abzielt, die @linux-aarhus vorausgesagt hat und die er vermeiden möchte. Versuche bitte nicht, diesen bislang wirklich lesenswerten Faden durch unangemessene Zwischenrufe zu zerstören. Ich würde gerne @linux-aarhus aufzeigen wollen, das wir uns trotz eines schwierigen Themas hier in aller Sachlichkeit gepflegt und gut unterhalten können und uns nicht gegenseitig in einem Flame-War zerfleischen. In dem Sinne bin ich also ganz bei @linux-aarhus.

Ich auch.

… es sind immer die anderen und nicht man selbst, der sich im Ton vergreift … :man_shrugging:

Als ich den Thread gestartet habe, wollte ich eine sachliche Diskussion, die mir Übersicht verschafft, ob ich Manjaro weiterhin einsetzen kann.

Ich möchte auch nochmals betonen, dass ich Manjaro für ein tolles Projekt halte, der Ansatz, neueste Versionen bereitzustellen, aber vorher zu testen ist wirklich toll. Deshalb wollte ich Manjaro auch nicht gleich fallen lassen, sondern habe gehofft, hier den Grund zu erfahren, weshalb Dinge in letzter Zeit nicht gut liefen, ob auch andere User betroffen sind und somit einschätzen zu können, ob ich Manjaro behalten kann oder nicht.

Dass die Diskussion scheinbar auszuarten droht oder bereits ausgeartet ist, tut mir sehr Leid.
Ich appelliere an ALLE TEILNEHMER sachlich zu bleiben. Wir reden hier über Technik und Fakten. Emotionen sollten hier eigentlich keine Rolle spielen.

Trotzdem finde ich es schade, dass der Erfahrungsaustausch über so ein Thema hier nicht erwünscht ist. Verstehe aber, dass die Moderation solcher Themen nicht einfach ist und man diese Zeit lieber in das Programmieren stecken sollte.

Um weiteres Ausarten zu verhindern, bin ich einverstanden, wenn der Thread gelöscht wird.

English (translated with DeepL):

When I started the thread, I wanted a factual discussion that gives me overview if I can continue to use Manjaro.

I also want to reiterate that I think Manjaro is a great project, the approach of providing latest versions but testing beforehand is really great. That’s why I didn’t want to drop Manjaro right away, but hoped to find out here the reason why things haven’t been going well lately, whether other users are also affected and thus be able to assess whether I can keep Manjaro or not.

I am very sorry that the discussion seems to be degenerating or has already degenerated.
I appeal to ALL PARTICIPANTS to remain objective. We are talking about technology and facts. Emotions should not really play a role here.

Nevertheless, I find it a pity that the exchange of experiences on such a topic is not wanted here. But I understand that the moderation of such topics is not easy and that you should rather spend your time on programming.

To prevent further degeneration, I agree if the thread is deleted.

Nein, bitte nicht loschen, diese Faden ist es wert zu behalten!

1 Like

Es geht doch sicherlich allen hier darum, anstehende Probleme bei Manjaro aufzuzeigen und die auch sachlich diskutieren zu können. Da ich in mehreren Foren aktiv bin, fällt mir auf, das dieses Thema absolut nicht aus der Luft gegriffen ist, sondern durchaus auch anderswo eine nachlesbare Substanz hat. Es dürfte also im Interesse dieses Forums liegen, im Miteinander etwaige Verbesserungen aufzuzeigen. Ich halte das für einen Auftrag, den man sich selbst auferlegt, wenn man aktiv in einem Forum mitwirken möchte. Ich fände es schade, wenn dieser Faden jetzt ein ohnmächtiges Ende findet.

And that question cannot be discussed in a factual manner.

And that question cannot be answered as this is a matter of use and your own level of expertise.

Topic closed