Warning: python-pyqt5: local (5.15) is newer than extra, nothing to do--for two weeks?

Folks:

I’ve hit this error when running pacman for two weeks in a row, seems to be blocking other package upgrades??? Relative newbie to Manjaro/Arch, no mods to the system, I just run the pacman via console once a week as I pass thru the Manjaro install . . . . Up until now the system has run like clockwork, very tidy system . . . now, it seems like a bit of “constipation” has things blocked up???

:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 169.1 KiB 220 KiB/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
extra 1854.2 KiB 6.18 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
community 6.9 MiB 18.4 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
multilib 182.0 KiB 2.34 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
warning: python-pyqt5: local (5.15.6-7.1) is newer than extra (5.15.6-7)
there is nothing to do

It’s not an error. Everything is fine. It only means, that the python-pyqt5 package was downgraded in the branch you are using (stable branch?) AFTER you installed or updated it.

If you have no issues with this package, leave it as it is. If you do, run:

sudo pacman -Syyuu

This will downgrade this package to the version in repo.

Stable branch gets updates every few weeks, so it’s normal that for a month or ever 1,5 month, there is nothing to do. Just be patient.

2 Likes

[quote]Maintainers reverted the package to an earlier version in the repositories. This sometimes happen when a major issue is found, in order to limit the spread of that issue occurring to users.
[/quote]

OK, thanks for the replies . . . as stated in my original post, “I did nothing to modify the system, other than running -Syyu,” so I’m assuming that “answer b” is the reason this has shown up??

As this is a “rolling” distro I haven’t seen “nothing to do” for more than a week at a time . . . . Not that I’m in a rush, just I don’t like to see “errors” or “warnings” . . . w/o checking into the why of it.