"War Thunder" freezes when I start it in Full Screen Mode

After years of using Ubuntu/Mint I switched to Manjaro. Allmost everything works out very well and I am more then satisfied and just decided I need to get more into Linux and Manjaro.

My only issue is that my favorite game "War Thunder" freezes when I start it in Full Screen Mode. It does work in Windowed Mode surprisingly enough. Changing the resolution does not help.

I also want this issue to learn how to inspect my system and find my way around in Manjaro.
I already installed hardinfo which is very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

known issue (https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/437157-freeze-when-starting-in-fullscreen-mode/&tab=comments) - i'm surprised you haven't had that issue on ubuntu though :thinking:

2 Likes

This is most likely a problem with the game rather than with Manjaro.

Similar reports here War Thunder is freezing in fullscreen mode and here https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/923-linux-related-problems-advice/, some of them from other linux distro users as well as from manjaro.

That said this thread How to provide good information in your posts is a good introduction to seeking/providing information when dealing with problems. (journalctl, inxi, dmesg)

Have you installed War Thunder via steam? That would have been good information to include in this case.

Assuming you have, try from a terminal running
steam steam://rungameid/236390
and look for any missing libraries or ones that have difficulty in loading.

Also learning how to search is a fine art. There may well be some relevant information on the War Thunder forum or its steam forum.

Anyway, welcome to the forum :partying_face: don't let me put you off. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have played with Ubuntu for years. Never any trouble (only some in game crashes). Thanks for the reply. Will go read it.

Thanks man! Really helpful. Will try it out now and return with feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by