Volunteers needed

Dang… hope everything turns out okay.

i would like to maintain the manjaro lxqt image

1 Like

Congratulations for the initiative, if it wasn’t for my total noob with github I had already sent my tests to this community, I hope they accept your proposal @Yjjx29!!

T+ = See you later

It would be nice to have LXQT back, if possible. It’s an important part of the range. If I knew how I would help out.

Think its still maintained by @linux-aarhus on his own server

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/lxde-lxqt-openbox-community-iso/7747

1 Like

Yeah, but that link doesn’t seem to work.

I see the ISO profiles still exist here community · master · Profiles & Settings / iso-profiles · GitLab so one could still create an up to date ISO if he needs, following the WIKI or simply this video Building your custom Manjaro ISO via Github Actions CI - YouTube
From what I understand, having no one actively maintaining and modifying the ISO profiles doesn’t mean it is dead, but it just doesn’t receive new configuration/adjustment/changes/customization.

2 Likes

It’s only a week since I updated the iso images to 21.2

3 Likes

Hi

21.2 would be which branch?

With the ISO profile I keep my ISOs updated in the stable 21.1.5 branch

T+ = See you later

Just check the download location

The ISO is labelled using a specific pattern where deviations like branch and version is added as needed

manjaro-$edition-$branch-$version-$release-$date-$kernel.iso

When stable branch is used then $branch is omitted - if the ISO contains extra programs then $version is omitted and this boils down to this for a full ISO on stable branch

manjaro-$edition-$release-$date-$kernel.iso

This means that if there is no branch then it is on stable branch where the following example is minimal LXQt ISO 21.2.0 release using stable branch and kernel 5.4 build on 2021-10-03

manjaro-lxqt-21.2.0-minimal-211003-linux54.iso

When I tried to build an LXQT iso using the github profile it insisted on producing an XFCE one instead! It must be more subtle! (I did manage the actual XFCE and the KDE isos so it must have been something specific.

This was using the manjaro-tools-iso system.

The only reason I can think of is that you somehow hasvecopied the xfce files to the lxqt folder.

I suggest you start with a fresh clone in your home folder

git clone https://gitlab.manjaro.org/profiles-and-settings/iso-profiles

Then make sure the ~/.config/manjaro-tools/iso-profiles.conf point to the new folder.

1 Like

Hi! I come late, but I’d like to thank you, aarhus, for your heavy contributions for Manjaro. I’ve been absent myself due to health deterioration, but, of crouse, I still use Manjaro and make my sporadic donations whenever possible. I just don’t have the energy necessary to be around the forums anymore, between work, family and other obligations.

Wish you the best.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Updated Manjaro Awesome Image