Volume increase/decrease not showing level on desktop notification

Hello Manjaro community :slight_smile:
It’s my first time running manjaro on my new laptop and I must admit, I am quite happy on how fast it’s running so far. I do have a problem tho, when I increase/decrease the sound volume or the brightness I don’t see the level in that notification (I don’t know how it’s called) that I see on the desktop.
I’ve attached a screenshot so you can understand better.
I am running the latest manjaro version (18.0.1) with Gnome.

Do you have any idea from what could this be?
Thank you very much and have a wonderful Christmas :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Maybe changing theme as mentioned here

will help.

Merry Christmas to you too! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

thank you very much for your reply @bill_t
I am using Arc theme from the repository as my theme.
I’ll try to switch to default theme to see if it’s still happening.
If it’s still happening, do you have an idea if there is anything I can do to fix this?

1 Like

Your welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, I’m not a Gnome user, so I don’t know what could be the cause of this issue or how to fix it, besides what’s already mentioned in the linked post.

Na the arc theme is fine that is what I use check the key mappings 1st + we are now on 3.32 not 3.30

I am on 3.30.2 at least that’s what I see on the About tab in settings panel.
the key mappings are alright, because every shortcut works, but I cannot see the levels.

Are you using the arc Manjaro theme or the arc theme I use the arc theme their has been problems with Manjaro themes

hmm, not sure how I can tell this.
I’ve installed the theme from the repository. In my tweaks > appearance I only see Arc. This is the Arc manjaro you are referring to?
I did not installed other themes

Remove manjaro-gdm-theme and reinstall gnome-shell package. Reboot or restart the shell with Alt+F2 then type r then Enter
While logged in and with the Arc theme (there are 3 by the way - with transparencies, solid and maia) set to the Shell, all will display correctly.

5 Likes

thank you so so so much @bogdancovaciu
it worked :smile:
thank you very much again

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark