Audio device disappearing and reappearing

Video of it happening

Apparently this MIGHT be kde exclusive according to another issue similar to mine.

[shyden@shyden ~]$ sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0403
Warning: No config found for device: 0000:08:00.1 (0403:10de:10f1) Multimedia controller nVidia Corporation GP106 High Definition Audio Controller
Warning: No config found for device: 0000:12:00.3 (0403:1022:1457) Multimedia controller AMD Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) HD Audio Controller
[shyden@shyden ~]$ sudo mhwd -a pci free 0403    
Warning: No config found for device: 0000:08:00.1 (0403:10de:10f1) Multimedia controller nVidia Corporation GP106 High Definition Audio Controller
Warning: No config found for device: 0000:12:00.3 (0403:1022:1457) Multimedia controller AMD Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) HD Audio Controller

Above is what happens when I try to install new drivers. Any ideas?

update

Figured out how to fix it, but nobody online shows how to disable a specific audio device. Any help?

Edit: I figured out how to fix it, and did. I’m gonna leave this up in case other people have the same issue and cant find an answer. The comment on this tells you how to fix it.

:+1: Thank you for sharing! :+1:

However, could you do me a favour and:

• edit your question by pressing the 3 dots and the pencil icon
  • make it into a real question
  • copy and paste the solution into a reply to your own question (not just a link, but the actual commands / text)
  • click the 3 dots below your own answer to mark a solution like this:
    Solution
    so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

:crossed_fingers:

The Manjaro hardware detection warning No config found for device is correct
There are no ‘nonfree’ drivers available for pci class 0403 (Multimedia controller)

If you check inxi -Aa it should show that there is a Linux driver already in use for both the onboard audio codec and the nVidia HDMI audio
Manjaro hardware detection does not recognise this as ‘free’ driver to respond correctly that the driver is already installed

A specific audio device can be disabled in PulseAudio by changing the card Profile to Off
But KDE audio settings might not show PulseAudio profiles, so you may need to install pavucontrol-qt for GUI to change card profiles in the Configuration tab ( pavucontrol --tab=5 )

1 Like