Sleek displays a white window since the update

Hello there,
There is an issue with sleek (AUR (en) - sleek): it displays a white window since the update.

[alex@nono ~]$ sleek
Persisted data located at: /home/alex/.config/sleek/user-preferences.json
Success: Translations loaded for: en
Success: Window events setup
Success: Renderer window created
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
[12588:0416/102514.711106:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(188)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
[12642:0416/102515.054117:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(188)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[12666:0416/102515.084019:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(377)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
[12666:0416/102515.087859:ERROR:gpu_memory_buffer_support_x11.cc(44)] dri3 extension not supported.

I see there is an issue with libva but I have no idea what to do.
I re-installed the dependencies (electron, nodejs, yarn) and also libva packages, then re-installed/re-build sleek but no change either.
Any idea on what I could do to try fixing this?
Well, since sleek uses electron it is possible that the problem is as @JKAbrams commented in the last part of post number 10 above, but I don’t know how to “modify the package to use electron17” if this would turn out to be the problem.

I’m on i3wm, kernel 4.19.
Thanks.

Does it work with the flatpak ?

Hi,
Sorry for the delay.
No, I have the same issue if I install it via flatpak.

You need to modify the depends-line in (line 17) in the PKGBUILD before building the package.

Before: (defaults the the current Manjaro version of electron)

depends=("electron" "nodejs")

After:

depends=("electron17" "nodejs")

If you use a AUR builder like Trizen for example it will give you the option to change the PKGBUILD on build time, otherwise just put all the source packages in a folder, modify the PKGBUILD and run

$ makepkg

Then install the resulting package with pacman:

$ sudo pacman -U <packagename>

i forgot to mention, you will also need to change how the application is launched. It has to be launched by electron17 instead of electron.

I your case, change the file sleek:

Before:

#!/bin/sh
export AUR=true
exec electron /usr/lib/sleek.asar "$@"

After:

#!/bin/sh
export AUR=true
exec electron17 /usr/lib/sleek.asar "$@"

Ah, yes, and you also need to change the sha512 hash of the file changed file sleek in order for the builder to accept it. Probably the easiest way to do it would be to just build it with --skipchecksums

makepkg --skipchecksums

A better way is to generate the checksum and update checksums PKGBUILD

sha512sum sleek

Wonderful! It works just perfectly!
I did it with trizen as you suggested.
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, it was very helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.