VirtualBox with Extensions doesn't see USB.

I did pamac build virtualbox-ext-oracle. Rebooted.

I have my USB-devices mounted. But on the image below nothing appear there, neither when I right click on USB icon under the guest window. I also tried to add New Filter, but when click on + sign on the right it shows 'No usb devices' (I think I shouldn't do here anything at all).

```

Moved from #technical-issues-and-assistance:tutorials to #technical-issues-and-assistance

Don't mount the usb devices on your host, just connect them. Also make sure your user is a member of the vboxusers group.

Try changing it to usb-3.0, I think it's still backwards compatible with usb 2.0 devices.

As freggel.doe said, you don't need to mount them in the host os, they'll be unmounted as soon as you pass them through anyway.

I made the user member of the group, usb3 is in use. Still nothing. And should I mess with those stuff on the screenshot below (filter, +)?

Launch a virtual machine, can you not access your usb devices from the toolbar at the bottom of the window? You shouldn't have to do anything besides enabling the usb3 controller. I'm assuming you have the guest additions installed, what are you running in the VM?

No USB Devices.

Edited my post.

I have guest additions installed, I'm running Manjaro.

Last thing I can think of is making sure you have the correct kernel modules installed for your host, beyond that I'm at a loss. If it isn't that hopefully somebody else will have more ideas.

Here's a thread you can check out in the meantime.

1 Like

Not sure for a while how to check/find non-installed kernel modules: sudo pacman -Ss linux419-virutalbox-host-modules gives nothing.

Just use pamacs GUI if you're not sure and make sure you have the modules for each of your installed kernels

1 Like

If you host is a Linux host - be sure to add your user to vboxusers group.

sudo gpasswd -a $USER vboxusers
1 Like

Oh, it's pamac, I was looking in pacman.

Not sure what it was: both sudo gpasswd -a $USER vboxusers and kernel modules or just kernel modules, but it did it. Thanks folks.

But why

$ pamac build linux419-virtualbox-host-modules
Error: target not found: linux419-virtualbox-host-modules

You're using build but the modules are in the official repos not the AUR

Install?

That's right

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Pamac#Locating_and_Installing_Packages

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by