Steam refuses to download games onto second or third drives

Hello everyone!
I’m very new to linux in general and manjaro, and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here. I mounted both additional drives in fstab with exec permissions enabled, and I can read/write to them with dolphin no problem. I even tried chmod 777 on both disks, and flatseal to allow access to my mounted directories so my flatpak installed steam had access to the files. However, after reserving space, the download stops and reads “disk write error” on the steamapp. Launching from terminal and looking at error codes give this

XRRGetOutputInfo Workaround: initialized with override: 0 real: 0xf00108f0
XRRGetCrtcInfo Workaround: initialized with override: 0 real: 0xf000f1c0
GetWin32Stats: display was not open yet, good
GetWin32Stats: display was not open yet, good
steamwebhelper.sh[158]: Runtime for steamwebhelper: defaulting to /home/rip/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/steam-runtime-heavy
steamwebhelper.sh[158]: Running under Flatpak, disabling sandbox
steamwebhelper.sh[158]: CEF sandbox already disabled
flock /run/user/1000/doc/ebee7f3d/G/libraryfolder.vdf LOCK_SH failed. errno = 38CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 124 milliseconds to initialize
flock /run/user/1000/doc/ebee7f3d/G/steamapps/appmanifest_268500.acf LOCK_SH failed. errno = 38flock /run/user/1000/doc/ebee7f3d/G/steamapps/appmanifest_518150.acf LOCK_SH failed. errno = 38flock /run/user/1000/doc/ebee7f3d/G/steamapps/appmanifest_671860.acf LOCK_SH failed. errno = 38flock /run/user/1000/doc/ebee7f3d/G/steamapps/appmanifest_739630.acf LOCK_SH failed. errno = 38BRefreshApplicationsInLibrary 1: 67ms
BuildCompleteAppOverviewChange: 680 apps
RegisterForAppOverview 1: 32ms
RegisterForAppOverview 2: 33ms

but I’m not sure where to go from here. Any advice?

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

… don’t use a flatpak but the AUR version of steam?
The sandboxing might cause permission issues.

I have never used either steam or any flatpak version of any program …

Or rather use the repo version of steam … AUR probably not necessary.

1 Like

Make sure the second drive is not NTFS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.