Virtualbox | Extensions Version Mismatch?

I’m trying to update yay, but am getting this consistant error from virtualbox-ext-oracle.

I noticed that the versions are different for virtualbox (official repo) and the extension pack. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait for them to match versions?

(base) root@MidnightStarSign:/home/sarah# yay -Syyu
 -> Avoid running yay as root/sudo.
:: Synchronising package databases...
 core                               167.1 KiB   173 KiB/s 00:01 [###################################] 100%
 extra                             1879.6 KiB  1375 KiB/s 00:01 [###################################] 100%
 community                            7.5 MiB  2.12 MiB/s 00:04 [###################################] 100%
 multilib                           171.0 KiB   454 KiB/s 00:00 [###################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
:: Searching databases for updates...
:: Searching AUR for updates...
 -> gcc10: local (1:10.3.0-2) is newer than AUR (10.4.0-1)
 -> gcc10-libs: local (1:10.3.0-2) is newer than AUR (10.4.0-1)
 -> syncthing-gtk-python3: local (1:0.9.4.5-2) is newer than AUR (0.9.4.5-2)
 -> Missing AUR Packages:  etcher  halo-icons-git  ironahk-git  linux-latest  linux-latest-virtualbox-host-modules  manjaro-documentation-en  manjaro-firmware  manjaro-tools-base  manjaro-tools-iso  manjaro-tools-pkg  manjaro-tools-yaml
 -> Orphaned AUR Packages:  amdgpu-fancontrol-git  electron12  firebird-nspire
 -> Flagged Out Of Date AUR Packages:  electron12  flashpoint-bin  python-conda
:: 2 Packages to upgrade.
2  aur/opencl-amd             22.40.0.50302-1 -> 22.40.0.50303-1
1  aur/virtualbox-ext-oracle  7.0.2-1         -> 7.0.4-1
==> Packages to exclude: (eg: "1 2 3", "1-3", "^4" or repo name)
==> 
 -> Could not find all required packages:
        virtualbox=7.0.4 (Wanted by: virtualbox-ext-oracle)

I’m running the unstable branch and had the same issue.I waited a few hours and virtualbox had an update to 7.0.4 which solved the issue.

1 Like

only something I noticed:

yay will ask for password when needed
no root or sudo required

1 Like

This happens when you run your system on stable branch.

If you don’t have specific needs like the ones mention in above guide - you can safely live without the extension pack.

If you need if for USB passtrrough - it work much better to mount the usb devices in a predictable structure and share that structure to the virtual machine.

Best practise on sync is

1. sync your syetem - reboot if important system packages has been synced
  2. rebuild your custom packages
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.