Virtual box 6.1.16 extension pack installation failed

I AM USING MANJERO 64 BIT , KDE. KERNEL - 5.9.16-1 ( LINUX 59 ) .
I HAVE INSTALLED ORACLE VIRTUALBOX 6.1.16 VIA TERMINAL AND OTHER NECESSARY THINGS LIKE VNC EXTENSION , LINUX HOST MODULES ETC AND GUEST ADDITIONS ISO
FOR WINDOWS 10 , 32 BIT ,
NOW TO ENABLE SUPPORT FOR USB 2 AND USB 3 DEVICES I TRIED TO INSTALL VIRTUALBOX EXTENSION 6.1.16 BUT IT FAILED .
I HAVE TRIED IT BY DIFFERENT MEANS AS AVAILABLE ON INTERNET BUT ALL HAS BEEN FAILED .
HERE IS THE ERROR RESULT

Failed to install the Extension Pack /home/d/Desktop/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.16.vbox-extpack.

**The installer failed with exit code 1: **

**(process:3073): Gtk-WARNING : 15:49:32.042: Locale not supported by C library.

** Using the fallback ‘C’ locale.**

**(zenity:3073): Gtk-WARNING : 15:49:32.083: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:73:46: The style property GtkScrolledWindow:scrollbars-within-bevel is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

[sudo] password for d: sudo: /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxExtPackHelperApp --stdout /tmp/VBoxExtPackHelper-6hikly/stdout --stderr /tmp/VBoxExtPackHelper-6hikly/stderr --elevated install --base-dir /usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks --cert-dir /usr/share/virtualbox/ExtPackCertificates --name ‘Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack’ --tarball /home/d/Desktop/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.16.vbox-extpack --sha-256 9802482b77b95a954cb5111793da10d009009a4e9a9c4eaa4bd1ae5dafe9db46: command not found

**(process:3081): Gtk-WARNING : 15:49:48.575: Locale not supported by C library.

** Using the fallback ‘C’ locale.**

**(zenity:3081): Gtk-WARNING : 15:49:48.606: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:73:46: The style property GtkScrolledWindow:scrollbars-within-bevel is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

sudo: /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxExtPackHelperApp --stdout /tmp/VBoxExtPackHelper-6hikly/stdout --stderr /tmp/VBoxExtPackHelper-6hikly/stderr --elevated install --base-dir /usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks --cert-dir /usr/share/virtualbox/ExtPackCertificates --name ‘Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack’ --tarball /home/d/Desktop/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.16.vbox-extpack --sha-256 9802482b77b95a954cb5111793da10d009009a4e9a9c4eaa4bd1ae5dafe9db46: command not found.

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: ExtPackManagerWrap
Interface: IExtPackManager {70401eef-c8e9-466b-9660-45cb3e9979e4}

I do not want to take support from AUR repository because I do not know about it’s reliability .

sudo /nano/etc/local.conf has given the follownig result
ANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=en_US.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NAME=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8

please help , thanks in advance , btw I do not have programming knowledge .

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

First, please do not type in all Caps. It’s considered bad etiquette on the internet in general as it’s perceived as shouting.

Second, your post is very hard to read. When pasting terminal output, highlight it then use the Preformatted text </> button.

Please edit your post accordingly.

There are two ways to install the Extension Pack, both are easy. Manually or via the AUR.

If you prefer to use the traditional and manual way: download the extension manually and install it via the GUI (File > Preferences > Extensions ) or via VBoxManage extpack install <.vbox-extpack> , make sure you have a toolkit like Polkit to grant privileged access to VirtualBox. The installation of this extension requires root access.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VirtualBox#Extension_pack

Votes: 1313
Popularity: 4.63
First Submitted: 2010-12-24 09:48
Last Updated: 2021-01-20 00:05

Does that help? :point_up: :wink:

The only reason why it’s in the AUR instead of the official repos is due to the non-free license.

dear Yochanan ,
                             I  have  tried  the  method  of   traditional  installation  which  is  File > Preference > Extension  way  in  virtualbox .  but  it  has  failed .

I  also  tried  the  terminal  methods  but  may  be  I  could  not  write  the  command  properly .
I  wrote  < sudo VBoxManage extpack install Oracle_VM_Virtualbox_Extension_Pack-6.1.16.vbox-extpack >  in  the  terminal  .  which  resulted  in  error .  was  the  command  written  properly ?   If  not , please  rectify  it  .

And  from  Add / Remove  software  I  have  found  that  Polkit  has  been  installed  in  my  system .  

So ,  I  do not  know  what  to  do  next  ?
May be  the  problem  is  on  oracle  side .

Another thing  is  worth  to    `Preformatted text`mention  that  on  oracle  download  page  (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds_6_1)   Manjero  is  not  present  in  the  name  of  supported  linux  hosts . I  do  not  know  why ?

I asked you to use the Preformatted text </> button for terminal output. Don’t use it for regular text in your post.

Please edit both of your posts and fix the formatting. No one is going to want to read a jumbled mess that’s hard to read.

Don’t use “<” or “>” there. Yochanan only used it to specify the command. Also, insert the full path of the extpack. Like this:-
sudo VBoxManage extpack install /home/d/Desktop/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.16.vbox-extpack