Grub won't boot Windows 7

Hello.

Today I had to reinstall windows on my dual boot HDD, since a virus was eating all the CPU and I just installed it over the older OS on the same partition, but then I realized that it automatically booted to windows, because I know it takes priority over GRUB.

So anyways, I used EasyBCD to bring back the Gurb and it worked perfectly, but I really messed up. Why? Because now I would have to go through 2 different bootloader screens to get to the desired OS, so I, as the naive fool I am, used EasyBCD again and deleted the Windows boot. Now I get to the Grub menu but everytime I try to initializa Windows 7 it’ll just go back to the grub menu (Manjaro works just fine, by the way).

Is there any way to recover the windows bootmgr without dying trying? Thanks in advance

PS: both OS are MBR/Bios, not UEFI/EFI

1. Recover the bootmgr with the windows7 install disk in a cmd console (Fix the MBR – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)
  2. boot manjaro install disk, chroot into local disk and repair grub: GRUB/Restore the GRUB Bootloader - Manjaro
1 Like

We don’t support Windows. There are plenty of other forums for that.